Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that you are not allowed to fish the bay at the launching ramp?? Is this true?? And Why??:B

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
You can fish the bay. I think some of the tournaments donot permit the tournament fishers to fish there. I donot fish it, but many do well there.
John

·
Registered
922 Posts
It is basically mandated from the park office. With each permit application accepted, they send a small map detailing all the off limits areas within the cove. From a directors standpoint, it is basically impossible to allow fishing for 2 small areas. It would be a protest nightmare. A legal description of where you could and couldn't fish within the cove would take 5 min at the pre-tournament meeting. Way to confusing and still some wouldn't understand. So its just as easy to make it off limits so there will be no discrepancies. :G

·
Registered
922 Posts
I kinda mis-read your question. I assumed you were a tournament angler. Yes you can fish in there but there is no fishing allowed in any of the docks and 50ft past the end of them, no fishing around the ramp or the inside rocks of the breakwall, no fishing within 50 ft of the gas dock across from ramp and small ramp area there. So that leaves the back of the cove available and about 75 yards of bank across from ramp, 50 ft from small ramp to the beginning of the rocks. They just don't want fishing boats in there and thats fairly obvious. Hope this also helps!:confused:

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,946 Posts
no fishing around the ramp or the inside rocks of the breakwall
i fish the inside rocks all the time, actually for many, many years. i was fishing them when they were milking walleye a few weeks ago and then walked over and talked to the rangers for over 20 minutes. nobody said i wasn't allowed to fish there and they saw me fishing for over an hour.

i see boats inside the bays all the time, in bass fishing and anchored fishing crappie with minny under bobbers.

i also have a buddy who fishes out of a float tube and goes from one end of the boat docks to the other plucking crappies from under the docks. nobody has stopped him yet and he talks to the rangers all the time.

if your in a boat id say everythings game..IMO

·
Pushin' Tin
4,518 Posts
he meant tourn. boats. nobody is going to mess with the average guy fishing in there. but when you start lining boats up in there and people are trying to get their boats out, it becomes a traffic jam. not to mention the guys that flip and pitch tubes and jigs around the docks. every once and a while one gets away from you and lands in one of the docked boats. then something may get damaged. same rule is in effect at salt fork for the same reason. no TOURNAMENT fishing with-in 50 ft. of any dock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts