close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mosquito spillway

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BIGFISH1985, Jan 9, 2009.

1. went to mosquito spillway today caught 15 crappie and 2 16" walleyes they were hitting pretty good I lost a few more but the bite was on pretty good.

2. Was this on ice? Maybe a dumb question. What were they hitting on?

3. no ice i was using crappie nibbles and gulp minnows on micro spoons just jigging them

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

5. I went by the spillway at mosquito today and there was about 4 or 5 guys down there. I would imagine they wouldn't be there if they weren't catching anything. Does anybody know if anything is going on down there?

6. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

I have been wondering the same thing! I think im gonna head there tommorow in the afternoon with my brother to see if anythings going on!:B

7. dynamite1298

dynamite1298 shore fisherman

let use know about the open water i live about 1 hr away i dont want to drive out there if theres ice by the bridge, i m me plz

8. Went out today with the weather in the 60's couldn't resist, 10 people down there altogether. A bunch of small perch being caught all over, I seen a few nice size ones. Didn't see anything else pulled in (crappie, walleye).

Drove to the state park before hand to see if there was any open water, and there wasn't anywhere that I could see.

9. I was there as well this evening with my nephew.We caught quite a few small perch(very small) with few decent size mixed in.

10. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Ya i went down there with my bro and friend around 4 30 and we started on the small perch right away! A bite almost every cast...We got a couple that were decent but most were tiny! Pretty fun stuff! We stayed until the rain got heavy.

11. what were u guys catchn perch on? i went to milton the other day and it was low and nothing going. there was one guy there with one walleye but thats it.

12. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

I was using a 1/32 oz mini foo tipped with a waxworm under a bobber!

13. cool thanks. iv been wanting to go down there but have been waiting on some micro spoons that r taking forever to get here.

14. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

I heard good things about those microspoons..........Seem to slam 'em on them....I'll have to think about giving them a try! Probably really catch crappies, perch and mabey even a walleye down at the spill with them this time of year! I was surprised though because we didn't see any crappies being pulled out of there yesterday.

15. ya i cant wait to try them. its been about 2 weeks and still nothing. i wrote to company and said i should get them any day. soooo we will c. im ready to get out fishn.

16. doski

doski doski

I started using them last summer at Shenago for crappie, they worked. Had some given to me to try, so I will be ordering some. Maybe should do it now if it takes a long time.

17. Both times i have ordered microspoons, it took approx 2 weeks to receive them. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

18. Hey guys, where is the best parking spot for fishing the spillway? Never fished the spillway but have fished the lake.Any INFO. on bait and set up would be helpful .Thanks for your help!

19. I was using crappie nibbles under bobber.

20. Park right at the spillway....