Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be camping at mosquito next week and was wandering where it was good to fish offshore and for what....it would be awesome to hook into a pike if there's any tips for getting them offshore near campgrounds. Any tips would help!
posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
415 Posts
Try the causeway buy the bridge. I like to use small black jigs 1/64 oz , 4 feet under a small bobber. I tip it with a wax worm. I throw it out and bounce it back very slowly. I have caught gills crappie and catfish with this method. Alot of fun using 4 pound test and a ultralight set up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've always had luck fishing across from the dog park, right by the parking lot. I've caught some big bass there early in the year. That said, this time of the year is tough.. haven't been up there in a while but historically it starts getting weeded up real bad. Fishing off the breakwall near the Marina (inside the park) is also a good spot. I've caught a few bass casting along the rocks there with a crawdad crankbait. Good luck!

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,083 Posts
not a lot of pike being caught from shore right now, in fact I haven't heard of any in the last few weeks.. id concentrate on catfishing at night if you want to catch fish consistently around the camp grounds. fish any of the shorelines in the campgrounds will get you a few cats every night, might even take a frog gig with you and enjoy some legs too. .. during the day, if it was me, id go to the marina inlet break walls and fish there. if you can get on the point of the north wall (that's if nobody else is out on it), fish a minnow under a bobber early in the day or a crawler on the bottom, usually the lake side of the wall is best, but sometimes the bay side is better:D.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I was out there about three weeks ago and did well along the weed edges in about 10 to 12 feet of water and did well. We were casting small cranks in silver and firetiger. we got a mixed bag of largemouth, walleye, and a few really big crappie. We did have one pike on but was unable to land it at the boat as we did not have a net.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts