close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito/Milton/Berlin for either Crappie/Walleye?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pymybob, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Looking for any input on spring fishing for both walleye and crappie at these locations. Would like to find wading spots with parking for both as well as when the bite usually starts around the causeway at each lake. I have not been to these lakes for some time and could never time it right to really get into them on the causeway at Mosquito & Milton. Not looking for anyone's honeyholes, just a point in the right direction. Thanks fellas!

2. go to the lights on all of them! ;)

3. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

The causeway at mosquito is good around the first 2 weeks of april for walleye when they spawn. After the spawn find the first weeds that are starting to come up, they goto them like a magnet.

4. cemetary roadbed, pikie bay. cant miss. wet lures catch fish. mosquito rules

5. 3/8 ounce spinner baits at berlin catch huge crappie! haha. All the way up past the 3rd bridge in the grass and around the laydowns. Atleast thats where I've caught some huge crappie and in good numbers while targeting bass in mid-may. I bet smaller spinners, especially inline spinners will work even better!

6. Thanks for the tips fellas! Hope to see you on the water!

7. The Crappie in Milton are plentiful, but they have got to be some of the smallest around. Hit West Branch for the big hosses.......TightLines!

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

two years ago the walleye fishing was amazing for an inland lake at milton, between two people we would usually catch 25-40 and sometimes more, but last year was much different. it is worth a try. we vertical jigged main lake breaks and the river channel. also fished a few sharp drops headding toward the dam.

9. are there places to wade at West Branch for crappie?

10. Alot of guys fish in chairs here for early crappie. The gravel is ideal for them and u can walk out on the slow days. Just alittle mucky to the stumps.

11. in the spring I've always had luck in the willow bushes; don't know much about mosquito.

12. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

The southwest corner of the Mosquito Lake, between the dam and the state park is a popular walleye wading area. The locals are successful casting jigs and small original Rapalas. Also try the Walnut Creek area. Walnut Creek area is also popular for boaters right after ice out using blade baits vertically.