close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mosquito lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fish master, Dec 20, 2008.

1. fish master

fish master 2005 senior member

well heres my report for mosquito lake. i went to the (south end) near the beach today and it was 35% covered by the shore but it is still pretty much open water all the way up to the north end. (north end) the north side of the causeway is about 60% locked has about 2 to 3 inches on it. but dont take my full word on it (fish at your own risk) the south side of the causeway is pretty much open, i walked out on it drilled a hole and theres suprisingly about 4'' of ice on it. i was suprised. only walked out about 5 feet from shore and it is nice clear ice. i didnt want to go any further being by myself and all (i dont play with dynamite). so hopfully by newyears it will be good to go, but this is ohio so you never know what the weather is going to be like.
    -Fish Master-:B

2. ..fish master...Thanks for the report...You may be right about New Years Day..according to the weatherman last night...Like you said this is Ohio... HAVE A NICE HOLIDAY...C.L...:)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

took this before 10am this morning, wont see me out there anytime soon.lol.:)

Attached Files:

4. fish master

which end was that? i seen another guy out there in a black or blue truck was that you?

5. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Thanks Fishmaster.
    I've got 2 weeks off until the 5th of Jan. Figures, we may have ice by then or we may not. The little warm up next week isn't gonna hurt much, but it surely won't help any! Will keep an eye out for your reports....

6. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

causeway facing south, silver trailblazer.

7. there was someone out in a boat down bye the trumbull boat club

8. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

prolly tryin to shoot some waterfowl maybe?

9. idk it was starting to get dark couldnt see very well

10. fish master

i was out on skeeter today for about 3 hours until my son decided to get cold the winds felt like -8 out there couple of bites but the wind was out of the north and useally they dont bite with winds of the north.

11. how thick was the ice and how far out did you go?

12. mosquito still has some open water

13. fish master

i was about 300 yrds out from the boat launch at the north end the ice is about 4'' thick i didnt want to go out any further with just me and my son.

14. ..fish master..Was anyone else out up there..The wind had to be bad it sure was windy down here..Can't be too careful with the son ..and open water...C.L...

15. Looking to fish Mosquito this year never ice fished their, fished in my boat alot, but would like to ice fish if any one would like to hook up some time any ice fish let me know. I am free most of the time and really don't know wear to ice fish their or when it is safe. I can't drive their to check the ice cause I live in akron.

16. fish master

yay thats y i stayed close to shore the farther i got out the thiner it got ill fish on 3" but wont take him out unless its 5 or more, (the wind dont get me started on that):confused: it was like 40 to 50 mph my shanty was moving faster then i was. had the whole lake to myself but wasnt feeling adventerus with son in tow. hes not to ice savie yet,but he will be a die hard like me. i will be going back this weekend to see the progress since we has this -22 wsf. -fish master-:B

17. forecast is calling for a real warm up with rain...should set things back a few weeks...go figure.

18. ...fish master..Glad to hear you were thinking safety all the time out there...I figured that the wind was strong...I always did say if any storm , wind or lightning comes up it will make it to Mosquito...But i love the lake...This warming we are to have comming up could slow everything down for a while..You are braver than I am...open water out there I stay off the ice...
    ...BE CAREFUL...C.L...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  19. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

You guys are insane!!! Love the pics though.

20. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I'm wondering how it looks today, after these last 2 days.....I'm thinking that the North end just below the wildlife area might be good. The area north of the causeway should all be safe. Anybody close have any ideas? Thanks in advance!!