close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito Lake camping

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShoreBoundOne, Jun 18, 2004.

1. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Hey all thanks for the info on campin at Charles Mill...but it looks like all the sites will be flooded or sloppy next week. So i decided to check out Mosquito. Have any of you camped bankside there? I am looking for Carp and Cat action at night and Gills and Bass action during the day. Thanks for any info and i will be bank fishing from my site if at all possible.

Mitch

2. I camp there alot. I am familiar with the pet section of the camp. There are 10 lake front lots on that side . Unfortunately those 10 are not reservable. They are on a first come first serve basis. Out of those 10 there are 2 or 3 that are closed when the lake is high. Due to flooding. Their are a few spots in walking distance you can bank fish from even if you do not get one of those sites. If you get lucky and get on the bank side get the first site on the right heading towards the boat ramp that sits next to the V.I.P lot. Excellent cat and carp fishing from the bank.

3. ShoreBoundOne

Thanks for the reply....actually as i understand it there are some spots that you can reserve...the one i reserved is #154....less than 50 yards to the water and has a first come first serve boat tie up. I called and the lady told me of the sites you mentioned....when i told her about the one i was looking to reserve she said " Oh yeah, you can fish from there"...she said if there was one open that i like better i could just switch over to it....so i will check it out.
    Thanks for the info...

Mitch

4. When ya going to be there? I'll be down there next weekend and 4th of July weekend. The boats coming with me!! :cool:

5. ShoreBoundOne

We are getting there thursady morning (the 24th) and leaving the following monday. As oif right now we are in site 154....i am bringing the whole family so we will have 2 tents set up and i will be driving a dark green dakota 4X4....stop by and say hello. Our site will have a boat tie up.

Mitch