Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out to mosquito with my nieces this weekend. Renting a pontoon boat and Leaving from the "beach"/Jet Ski Rental Place.. Any ideas on where to fish from there? Looking for eyes, bass or anything that can keep a 13 yr and a 10 yr old occupied :) PRobably just gonna be drifting

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Go fish in front of the lighthouse never know what you'll catch over their, bass, cats, walleye, crappie, perch.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Try the edge of the weedbed directly across the lake from the State Park swim beach. That would be the East side of the lake, you will see a large yellow barge looking thing on the shore (handicap dock). Coming from N. Lima, I am assuming you will be traveling rt. 11 to rt. 305, so going across the dam you will see the dock. We were there last night (two boys, wife and I) and caught one good walleye a bunch of small crappie and perch, which are all still there. We were anchored between the point (north of barge about 200+ yards) and the barge in 6 -12 fow, it was windy, so we were swinging in and out. There is a large break line @ the edge of the weeds (west side of bed), it will go from about 4' to 25 fow within 25 yards. My boys kept busy catching the crappie and perch. We were using small jigs (1/32 oz.) w/black and chartreuse twister and minnow. Tried bobbers, not much action with that, mainly casting next to and into weeds. Weeds are very prevalent all through the area, try different edges if not doing any good, but try to stay in/near the weeds, my opinion. Good Luck, enjoy the day!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts