close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito ice?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Feb 25, 2005.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Anyone know how the ice is at mosquito?

im wondering how it held up through those warmer days this past week....

any info is appreciated...

2. hardwaterfan

anyone know the number for the baitshop there at 305 on the east side of the lake?

3. i was out there sunday, was 5 to 6" from the shore out to the middle. the temp. hasn't gone much above freezing except maybe monday? it's gone well below freezing during the a.m. hrs.. i plan on heading out sunday.

4. hardwaterfan

thanks perchy....im gonna have to make the ride out there today or tomorrow....i have one last area to try for a walleye or be walleyeless for the season.

5. theres about 4-5 of inches of ice at mosquito,havnt heard much about the walleye but they been catching a few crappies,heard the bait shop on 305 has been closed ,cleaning his tanks out

6. hardwaterfan

thats good to know....those are about the results ive had in my couple of trips out there...

7. The Times That. Fog Sets On The Lake Wether Its Ice On Or Off Seems To Be The Better Times To Fish For Eyes On This Lake. I Did Well The Past Turn-over In The Mornin And The Last Report Through The Ice Was That They Were Hittin The Same Through The Ice. Dont Now If Itll Help But It Does Get Thick Out There! Fall Fishin Was An Hour Worth Of Good Fishin ;) Jig

8. fished sunday from 3 p.m. to about 7 p.m.. there is plenty of ice, 5 to 6 inches, 1 inch white ice and the rest is clear. the only hazard is a pressure crack that i encountered heading out from the rt.305 parking lot. it runs north and south, and had no problem stepping over it. i managed 5 nice crappie, 2 dinks, and a nice bull gill. looks like good ice for at least another week, maybe 2.

9. The Phone #s For All Mosquto Lake Sport Shops :
    Lakeside Sport Shop ---330-637-2862---rt.305
    Monty's ------------330-638-5598---rt.88 West Side Of Causeway
    Mosquito Lake Marina--330-637-2075--inside State Park
    Dockside Marina--------330-637-7686--rt.46 In Mecca
    And I Might As Well Include Mine,
    Causeway Sporting Goods/ Causeway Bait & Tackle---330-637-7076
    East Side Of Mosquito Lake On Rt. 88
    Hope This Is Helpful To You.
    Also I Am Listing A Number For The Corp Of Engineers Which Has A Prerecorded Message Of The Water Temps, And Water Depths, And More Info About The Lake. 330-638-0162
    Might Come In Handy.
    If I Can Help In Any Other Way -just Let Me Know. Linda

10. hardwaterfan

thanks for the numbers, ill have to save them all....

im glad you finally found the site. :)