close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito Ice

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Rikovich, Jan 19, 2005.

1. At 5:30pm today (Wed) there was about 3'' of ice on Mosquito according to a guy I talked to coming off the ice. He said there was 1.5" of whitish ice and 1.5" of good ice under it.

2. 1.5 of good ice and 1.5 of junk ice and he was on it????? Crazy, I will fish 3 of good ice and have fished on less befor but WOW. Was he fishing or just checking??

Scott

3. I STOPPED AT THE EAST 305 RAMP AND JUST WENT A COUPLE FEET. SOMEONE LOOKED LIKE THEY DRILLED A COUPLE HOLES 25 YRD OUT.
    ITS GOT 4 IN OF SNOW ON IT AND THERES A BIG LINE THROUGH IT AT MID LAKE. :cool:

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

wow i cant beleive theres that much already.......cool!

5. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

What do you guys catch out their? Eyes? Crappie? Gills? I had a bad experience on ice once about 25 years ago, but I think I might be over it by now :(....only one way to tell ;). So if you see some guy out there with 2 4x8 sheets of 3/4" plywood tied to his feet....it's probably......Johnboy, or Flash or..., I would never do that :D

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

if it's flash, just look for the trolling set up

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

8. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

i consider it a wind sail rather than trolling. Makes me very mobile when the wind picks up.

flash-----------------------------out

9. He wasnt fishing, just checking the ice. I went out there the day before it started getting warm this winter and caught about 9 white bass and 1 small walleye in about 2 hours.

10. lmnop
    u can catch some big crappis and some nice eyes out of mosquito