close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito Friday Evening

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Lil' Rob, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Went to Mosquito yesterday evening. Waded southern waters from 6 until 8:30 pm near nine other waders. Only two walleyes caught (1 dink). Fished the causeway afterwards until midnight, only a handful of crappies amongst all those people. All in all, the fishing stunk, but it was a nice night.

2. keep going to Misquito, the bite is going to turn on real soon.
    I willing to bet that starting the last week of April and the first 2 weeks of May the Crappies will be jumping in your nets at will.
    I going to start hitting misquito this weekend a couple times. I will be working over the stump fields on both sides of the causway. Bobbers and driftin minnows.

3. Was at Mosquito for our club crappie tournament. Thought it was going to be a great day. First drift, within a minute of the minnow getting down, BAM had a nice 9 1/2 inch black crappie in the boat. Next drift, BAM, my fishing partner Chris had a fat 12 1/2 incher, then he lost a HAWG at the boat. Then, they slowed. I nabbed a 15" walleye, missed a few bites. Chris caught 2 more eyes, one was 20". But that was it. Tough blow yesterday. The fish were there in the stumps, but weren't biting well. The guy that one the contest only had 8 crappies, but 4 of them were 12". I posted a pic of Chris with his 'eye and crappie, plus the guy Gary that won the contest with a nice fat crappie.

Was good to get out there, even if it was windy! Won't be long on the hot bite. Next week or weekend and it'll be on fire!!!

Carl

4. Big Daddy, I just started fishing Mosquito last year and have learned where the Cemetary, Benches and road bed are. I do not know where the stumps are located. Can ya help me out? :confused:

5. If you launch at the Causeway boat launch ACROSSED the street from Causeway Bait/Tackle, head directly acrossed the lake. Look for 11-13 Ft of water and drift SOUTH. Stay in 11-13 ft of water. That's where the fish were. You'll see stumps every now and again.

Carl

6. WalleyeGuy...

It's just a matter of time, they'll turn on. Let me know if you're heading to Mosquito this weekend and need some company. Chances are, I will be wanting to get there as well.

One more week and I'll be putting those turkey decoys to work!

7. Fished 7:00 am unto 3:00 saturday and the fishing stunk. Lost a 20-24" eye at the boat while drifitng west shore just south of causeway. Drfited through the stumps, nothing. Caught couple decent crappies. Little action among the armada of aluminum boats drifting and bass boats screaming about to find nirvana along the shore.

8. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

No 'eyes, missed a couple of good bites. One big 14" slab crappie, admired and released. I never saw another fish caught amongst the armada.

9. Big Daddy, was that you anchored just south of causeway near west shore? I was in the starcraft side console drifting by 20 times to no avail.

10. hey big daddy i did just that stayed in 11-13 ft of water and my boat won and came in second in the tounament where did you get this advice.....lol see you at the meeting

11. The walleye bite has been strong for the past 10 to 14 days for me.
    I seem to have no problem anywhere south of 88 east or west depending on weather. Allways cast into the wind, and go heavy, the walleye have been slamming the jig.

12. Good job on the winning boat Steve. You guys had the pattern down for sure.

Hey, did you see Gary and Chris' pix in my photo gallery?

Later buddy.

Carl