close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito Crappie

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ohioman76, Jun 9, 2004.

1. ohioman76

ohioman76 Avid Crappie Hunter

Heading out to Mosquito this weekend for Crappie. I heard this is one of the best lakes in Ohio for Crappie. Does anyone know if the bite is still hot? Also anyone know if any crappie hotspots in the lake. Been stationed in Japan for the last 7 years and finally back home doing a recruiting tour. I would love to have some tasty Crappies for the table. All assistance is greatly appreciated. ;)

2. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

You can usually do very well on Crappies up at the north end, along the bouy line. There is a nice little sunken stump field between the 2nd and 3rd bouy on the north east corner.

Fish minnows under a slip bobber from 4-6 ft deep.

Hope this helps.

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Now can you get better information than that? Nowhere else! Maybe the best color of minnows they are hitting, pink or blue....:D ....That's what I love about this place!;)

4. ohioman76

ohioman76 Avid Crappie Hunter

Thanks for all the info. I Guess mosquito is having a tournament tomorrow. First place is $2,000.00 dollars. Does anyone know if the crappie bite is still hot?