Mosquito Causeway reports?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pymybob, May 18, 2007.

1. Wondering how the crappie/walleye bite has been there so far this year? Thinking of taking my 8 year old out tonight if they are biting. Also, with a NNE breeze between 10 - 20 mph, would you recommend fishing the southside of the causeway?

Thanks in advance!

2. I was on the causeway tuesday night and had no luck with the crappie. I talked to several regulars that night and the general consensus was that it has been a disappointing season from the causeway. Some nights they have been doing well but they are few and far between. These were strictly crappie fisherman, I have no idea as far as the walleye are concerned.

3. I have fished the causeway a handful of times this year and my best nite was 10 and it took me all of 12 hours, dusk till dawn. For whatever reason they have done better during the day. If I was to take a kid fishing tonite, I would go to the marina and work the docks. You would be out of the wind and its well lit plus it does hold some crappie.

4. fished up and down the causeway wednesday from about 3pm till 8pm. Only hooked into 4 crappie(all slabs!) and one really good size gill. All were caught with minnows about 4ft down close to shore. It was chilly and a nice size storm blew through. The water temp was really warm though. The 85 degrees tuesday helped that. The bite has been slow this year from the causeway though. I'm gonna stick closer too home till fall hits.