Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my neighbor went to mosquito causeway tonight and it was a pretty good night we caught 54 crappie they were on fire we fished from about 9:30-1:30. we used bobber and minnow about 2 1/2 feet down we had bottom poles out with nightcrawler and not one channel it was crazy i have never been there and not caught a channel it was weird but anyhow it was a great night for crappie. good luck and be safe out there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
hi there,sounds like u all had a super night,was there any size to the crappies?caught alot of dinks back in the spring with a few nices ones,but nothing like in years past,thanks

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Nice job! Isn't it a little late in the season to catch good numbers of crappie from the causeway? I always thought it ended around Memorial Day.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've been going to the causeway pretty regularly and never got the numbers or size this year. The best I did was casting a small plain jig head w/a twister tail this past weekend. Only got a few but they were decent sized for once.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
archman i thought the same thing but then me and my neighbor went back out lastnight 6/29/09 we left about 10:30 at night and we did 32 crappie it seems as soon as we turn the lanterns on and the baitfish start coming in it is on. but we had 2 days in a row at the same spot with good numbers and decent size. so i don't know but i am enjoying it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts