close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito bait????

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Steelhauler, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Guys,

I'm going to give Mosquito a try tomorrow (1/9). Does any one know where the nearest baitshop to the lake is? I remember something about Causeway bait closing for part of the winter. I tried the phone # but there's no answer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wes

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Someone posted Linda's (Causeway) is closed till Jan 15th or so.
    The other baitshop is on the road the SW boat ramp is on. I think it is SR 305 or Wilson Sharpsville Rd on the north side of the road. Cross SR5 from the boatramp and it a few hundered yards on your left (north). I think it is called Lakeside.
    The other one I know of is on the west side of the causeway (SR88) at the NE corner of the intersection of SR88 and Hoagland Blackstub Rd.

3. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Good directions Mike...and your right on with Lakeside and the other your thinking of is Monty's ...........

4. Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Wes

5. i dont know if you guys remember mosquito gun and takle but someone reopened it it called moms market it on st rt 305 west of the state park entrance about 1 mile. they have minnows, meal worms, last time i was there they didnt have maggots. they have very very!! little fishing supplies. minnows are priced 1.99/dozen this place is more of a little grocey store. dont remember if the store across from the campground entrance sells bait, they might have worms and maggots

6. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

Mom's Market is west of the state park.

7. You going up there this weekend Dave? Ill be on it tommorrow morning and ALL day sat.

8. oh yea brain fart i just started working midnights again must of been half asleep

9. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

I'm going to try to get out. Probably south end.

10. We stopped at causeway this morning at 7 and got bait and a few jiggin spoons so they are open at least thet were this morning.

11. Has anyone talked to Linda as to what her day's and hours are going to be.......Jim......

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015