Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We launched at the causeway and fished the south side of the lake. There was a nice wind for drifting and since that's how we like to fish it was ideal for us. We did a little searching and found some crappie in 16 fow. My brother always starts out with minnows and I start out with Bobby Garlands and crappie nibbles so we can find out what they want on any particular day. Yesterday they pretty much wanted the Bobby Garlands. Color didn't seem to make much of a difference but the Crystal and Glitter Critter caught a few more than the other colors. We ended up keeping 19 and probably threw that many back. We kept 2 nice bluegill too. The action wasn't fast and furious but it was pretty steady. My brother likes casting a jig and crawler while we're drifting in case there's a stray walleye around. No walleye yesterday but he did get a pretty nice catfish. We didn't weigh or measure it but we figured it was about 10 pounds. We took a picture and released it.

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
Nice day. I was on the north side and put 20 crappies in the box. Found a nice size bed of gills and put thirty good ones in the box. My buddy that came up from Pittsburgh to fish with me had a nice cooler to take home with him. Went back today with a friend from Youngstown. Didn’t do as well with him. Still put a dozen crappies and eleven gills in the box in four hours. Wind picked up so we got off the water. Here’s a pic from yesterday.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Nice day. I was on the north side and put 20 crappies in the box. Found a nice size bed of gills and put thirty good ones in the box. My buddy that came up from Pittsburgh to fish with me had a nice cooler to take home with him. Went back today with a friend from Youngstown. Didn’t do as well with him. Still put a dozen crappies and eleven gills in the box in four hours. Wind picked up so we got off the water. Here’s a pic from yesterday.
View attachment 470949
nice

Reactions: meats52

·
Registered
64 Posts
I rode my motorcycle out to Skeeter today. Waded the shoreline and the bass fishing was awesome! Weightless superfluke was the only bait I used all day. Landed probably 30-35 nice chunks with 3 fish going over 4l View attachment 470955 View attachment 470956 View attachment 470957 View attachment 470958 View attachment 470959 View attachment 470960 View attachment 470961 bs. View attachment 470954
Awesome report! Good to hear the bass fishing is staying good! Going to have to make a trip up there

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
Any recent updates on mosquito? I’ve been fishing Shenango here in PA and doing really good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any recent updates on mosquito? I’ve been fishing Shenango here in PA and doing really good.
Went Saturday am, started on southeast side fishing a weed line that has been producing but only got 2 crappie. Headed to north side, east of the island. Worked a small area and the fish were holding tight on the structure. Lots of smaller 9-9.5' fish but managed a dozen right at 10" before I had to go at 11 am. Was using Dead River Miner's , forget the color but was similar to a monkey milk with chartreuse tip tail.

·
Angry hillbilly
1,392 Posts
Before the wind kicked up yesterday me my buddy caught 20 to 30 craps , shitty perch , and some decent gills! I would of been out of battery on my troller if I would of went to other spots I know with fish! I need to up grade my troller soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts