Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Launched there at the causeway took my dad along, to try his boat out, it doesnt have a fishfinder nor a trollin motor nor an anchor lol snagged a rock for that from the causeway lol i had fun tho. got 2 nice channels and a couple throwbacks..ended up 1 shy of 2 tickets..gold erie dearies w crawlers, and rr w crawlers, and spinnerbaits took the fish..thanks snag ;-) fishn the weeds mostly in 7 fow at least thats what it says on my gps. tried driftin got a bunch of panfish..didnt troll any. prolly coulda hooked up w some bigger fish but was havn plenty fun in da weeds!

Attachments

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thought id show ya the cat that made my day it was a blast rippin drag the whole time. she came on a chartruese rr. with about 2 inchs of worm with a chartruese bead above it ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
FN13, you got it now,trolling is ok drifting also but using cranks and spinner baits you get a variety, i,m waiting for a pike next or a big flathead,are there weedbeds at berlin like at squito?....

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as far as i know i havent seen any big weed patchs like squito has..im sure there are some tho. i havent really looked for em..i will now tho! they are my new fav now lol. prolly find some in the shallower areas i think i remember some in the mill creek area back in the campground area ill have to do some scouting..or maybe someone else can give us a shout on the weedbeds

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
yeah i know when i,m at wb nxt time, i,m going to some weed beds i was around last yr,hope it works like at squito,there,s nice weeds on the west side of squito ,with a good n-s wind you can drift right down the edges,that west wind is tuff on any shore drift.....

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea im not a big fan of that west wind up there it whips up pretty good too. let me know how that goes at wb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts