Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Met up with mirrocraft mike in the morning..since im not a reg skeeter guy he schooled me on what to look for and do. he put me on fish right away, had a couple follow ups and then a hook up on chartruese rr he shook that right out as i was grabbing the net. ended up getting 2 casting gold erie dearies, just south of the causeway in 7fow..started to get a lil slow w eyes had a blast w the perch and bluegill..no crappies decided to make a run up to the north end to troll a lil..i was just south of the buoy line in 12 fow east of the island.. lost a dandy at the boat..the net was still tucked away..DOH! threw the Chartruese hot n tott back out and a minute later a good hook up i was ready this time lol. ended up w 3 keeper eyes and 8 worm stealers went home too. Met snag and mbass8dor at the ramp parkin lot. great guys they had a good day on the water. hope to meet up again.

Attachments

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
I don't know about schooling ya..You did all the work ,But Thanks ..It was fun meeting up with you ..Wish the fishing could have been better. We need to continue our MINI OGF TOUR Next stop Berlin ..It will have to wait for my return from Canada though..

Tori and I managed 8 eyes 4 at 13 ,13.5,14,15, and a very thick 16 with a handful Perch..Bad news is I lost two 20 plus fish..One operator (my)error .Net issues. Not being prepared.The other The wind caught my boat and put the fish under it ..Little slack and Game was over..At least i got a good look at them.

Another Buddy was up also ''Headshot''and his Dad and a friend..Didn;t get there final numbers,but i do know there had two at 20 and some others thrown in ..

All Fish were in the weeds and caught on jigs/worm, Erie Derries Green/white was the ticket Friday .

As a added bonus Got to meet ''Snag'' and his Friend(sorry forgot your name) at the ramp.They approached me and asked if i was Mirrocraft Mike. Guess they recognized my Daughter Tori from her Crappie picture..Made her day guys.She got all embarrassed..Great meeting/talking to you both ..THANKS for stopping bye...

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
Id like to meet up with you guys when you go to Berlin, Im from Louisville too , Mike. Bob C

Sounds good..I'll keep ya posted for our next OGF MINI TOUR ..LOL:D
Our next stop will be Berlin. Most likly the 3rd weekend in July. I'll firm up a date when i return. I'll try to keep this going. Its been fun meeting up with other members..

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Eyes are a lil small but they all taste the same.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nice catch! I am trying skeeter for the first time Sunday! I hit Atwood today with wife and kids. My better half hooked one eye. My daughter got some nice gills, with a white bass mixed in. I spent the entire day baiting hooks and tying lines!!! I think I only got 5 minutes of fishing in, but it was worth the trip.

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ok mr. muskie man you try a lake u never fished a lot and see what you come up with lol...been to erie 30 times this yr..and maumee prolly 20 days this yr.. landed my share of 8 to 10 pounders. that got old n boring for me had to switch up and actually fish for em..i like to catch em no matter how big they are..its the challenge in my opinion that keeps me on my toes. as for meetin up on berlin snag im game. got a couple nice smallies there this year, nothin to brag about but im game.

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i start my motor, which is a 53 johnson. and i cant get it under 2.5 2.7 without stallin it. so i throw a bucket out the back with rope around it to slow me down.. then i let my lure out and i let it go till its just outside the wake of my motor which looks around 50 ft back..hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts