Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I made it back out to the lake today. We launched at the causeway public ramp today because there was a northwest wind, about 10mph, and we figured the causeway would block a lot of it. We fished a few different depths but the most productive was 15fow. We caught probably 40-50 crappie but most of them were throwbacks. A few of the throwbacks were 8-3/4" but the majority of them were in the 6"-7" range. We did manage to get 10 keepers. We used Bobby Garlands and nibbles again today. They seemed to like sunrise and electric chicken a little better than the other colors. We just can't seem to find the spot that holds more keepers than throwbacks.
Fish Seafood Ray-finned fish Natural material Oily fish

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
My brother and I made it back out to the lake today. We launched at the causeway public ramp today because there was a northwest wind, about 10mph, and we figured the causeway would block a lot of it. We fished a few different depths but the most productive was 15fow. We caught probably 40-50 crappie but most of them were throwbacks. A few of the throwbacks were 8-3/4" but the majority of them were in the 6"-7" range. We did manage to get 10 keepers. We used Bobby Garlands and nibbles again today. They seemed to like sunrise and electric chicken a little better than the other colors. We just can't seem to find the spot that holds more keepers than throwbacks. View attachment 490384
Nice catch

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good catch Dom. Me and a buddy braced that wind on the north end and put 34 keeper crappies in the box. Baby Shad’s and nibbles worked for us too. Different colors tho.
Good job chaunc. I have a few spots saved in my GPS for the north end, I'll have to try them on our next trip. We've been catching crappie on the south end but a lot more throwbacks than keepers. We fish the north end in the spring and during the spawn but once the water temperature gets in the 70s on that side we usually start fishing the south side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts