Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out to Mosquito yesterday. It was more like lake Erie. Very gusty south wind had the lake kicked up to about 2 footers toward the causeway. I got out about 3pm and drifted the road bed with a couple bites but nothing boated. Then anchored at the bridge by the cemetary a picked up some nice channel cats and a bass on dug worms in 24ft of water. Also boated about five nice slabs on the edge of the bridge with a chartruse tripple ripple. I was also jigging with night crawlers and leached and caught about 15 really small walleye. I mean real small like 6 inches. Finally got one in the cooler that went 18in. About dark I moved to the causeway and tied to the bridge and hung lanterns and caught 6 big white bass. All six were 15in. I don't like eating them but I sure don't mind catching those fighters. All and all a decent day even though I really couldn't get into the crappie. Water level is up so anyone that usually can get under the causeway forget about it for a couple of days. A little difficult launching but not bad.

bapenn

·
Catcher of Fish
2,844 Posts
Bapenn, I was out on Mosquito Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday for about 3 hrs in the middle of the day. Fishing was really slow, we boated one decent walleye of about 16" trolling in 16' and one 13" throwback. Caught a few crappies, a big perch that went in the livewell, several white bass and channel cats. One of the cats was 5-6 lbs and had me all fired up hoping it was a walleye. We couldn't keep the cats off our jigs and worms and also caught one on a wally diver. Definitely rough out there Sunday afternoon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts