Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished on west side south of causeway near shore and over stumps. Got five keepers in as many hours. Went to our favorite near-shore spot on north end. Got five keepers in as many minutes. Finished with 43 crappie (one FO), 14 perch, a 12 3/4" bass, and a pumpkinseed, all but five (3 crappier, a perch, the pumpkinseed) in that one spot. Threw back several perch and two crappie we could have kept. Crappies on minnows, perch on minnows and worms, pumpkinseed and bass on worm. Best crappie trip ever, best inland perch trip ever, maybe best Mosqutio trip ever, maybe best inland trip ever, most keepers in one trip ever (59), maybe best overall fishing trip ever.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Fish Fish Perch Bass Mackerel

It was a good day. Kept these for a couple good meals..threw alot more back..Caught just about everything minus a pike. Kept one nice eye had some smaller throw backs.. Def some real nice size on the crappie. Always alot of fun when ya get the 15 plus inchers. Nice to see the black crappie in the mix also.

·
Banned
72 Posts
View attachment 357807
It was a good day. Kept these for a couple good meals..threw alot more back..Caught just about everything minus a pike. Kept one nice eye had some smaller throw backs.. Def some real nice size on the crappie. Always alot of fun when ya get the 15 plus inchers. Nice to see the black crappie in the mix also.
Awesome catches by both guys! What side of the lake were you on Osmerus?

·
Registered
476 Posts
We were on the north end using golden shiners under floats. Ran out of bait so we started using berkely power minnows and they worked just as good as the real thing. Talked to a few other guys and it sounded like people were doing good in the shallower areas in both ends of the lake.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Fished S of causeway 6 to 7am the crappies were on fire wind switched from ENE to more ESE the bite slowed, best trip this season I released around 20 91/4" thick crappies to grow around 10am wind died and used the electric on off to get some more... saw an osprey with a bluegill taking a one way trip!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
We were in about 6 feet all day but guys were also getting them right up on the shoreline. Seems like the are just about everywhere in the shallows now. We focused most of our time on weed bed edges.

·
Banned
72 Posts
We were in about 6 feet all day but guys were also getting them right up on the shoreline also. Seems like the are just about everywhere in the shallows now. We focused most our time on weed bed edges.
Thanks! I had a day like that years ago there... early May. My buddy insisted on using the basket live keeper. Well....it got so heavy a link broke, he went for it and fell in! I told him you're already wet, dive down for it! Greatest squito trip ever ended with pizzas for dinner...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Everyone used them baskets back in the day and probably just as many sunk to the bottom before they added the plastic floating tops to them. Lol. I remember those fish socks also. Long tube shaped net. Saw many of those sink..

Straight onto the ice is the way to go or a good live well.

Always a good idea to keep a pair of diving goggels and fins in the boat.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nice haul of fish! I didn't realize the perch in that lake got so big and healthy.

I just finished up a short video today Jim and I did in Pikie Bay last week. First time in that bay, but the first thing I thought was this looks like a good crappies spawning bay.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts