close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mos

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cpr, May 29, 2007.

1. cpr

cpr

I fished Mos monday and only landed 4 crappie . I talked to another guy who was trolling:T and had landed a few eyes and crappies . Any have any luck other then this guy ??? I fished the north side:)

2. TMK

TMK

CPR

I did real well this past Mon. fishing in the weeds with jigs and crawlers.

Fish the deep edge in 5-6ft. If you've got an electric motor, you can cruise around the outside edges and flip jigs towards the weeds. If not, just anchor 15-20ft from an edge, cast towards the weeds and jig back to the boat. Use 1/2 a crawler and the lightest jig that the wind will allow. Use your gas motor as little as possible and be carefull not to bang things around in the boat since their real easy spook.

Keep a tight grip on your rod. There's also some big channel cats in the weeds right now.

The best bite is at first light.

3. That means don't be playing your radio either, right? lol

4. cpr

cpr

I tried the weeds along the south side by 88 . The weeds where bad . But i must of done it wrong because i just drifted with minnows not worms . It must be the time for worms .

5. TMK

TMK

CPR

I usually use night crawlers or leeches this time of year, but there are times when they only want minnows.

I think you'll have better luck fishing in the weeds if you keep your presentation more vertical with short casts right againnst an edge or into a pocket.

It's next to impossible to drag jigs through the weeds without snagging a bunch of salad.

Short casts out ahead of the boat as your drifting works great, but it requires the wind to be blowing just right.