close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Morning After A Full Moon

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Richs63Corvair, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Wednesday night being a full moon , what are my chances of seeing a deer Thursday morning ? :confused: .. Can't wait to see the replys on this topic.......I have hunted after a full moon and rarely seen anything. Just curious this being close to the rut......Thanks.........Rich

2. Extremely high would be my bet. Multiple hits on the roads this morning. The moon was out and so were the whitetail...my brother hit one and so did a guy in his group at work....early around 6 am.

Cloud cover will block the moonlight tonight, if that has anything to do with it.
    The rain was predicted to be light early... I have read that it is advantage to us. Walking trail scent is quickly covered and human scent does not travel. I wish I could be out there.

3. I have read that days following full moon were good midday activity days. The reason for this was that the deer had moved so actively throughout the night that many rest in the morning and are up again midday. It just sort of throws their schedule off a bit. I have never seen consistent enough results to support this theory myself though.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

It seems to me that the night of a full moon and a few days afterwards always seems to be a good time for mr. Seen loads of deer the next few days. I agree it throws them off being that bright at night and causes them to be moving more.

5. Should be interesting in the morning due to a full moon and a lunar eclipse.......Rich

6. here is my opinion Rich

i hate hunting the mornings after the full moon or around the full moon. the deer usually travel at night, but i will tell you that the midday hunt is pretty good if you like to do that. also the evenings will be better than the mornings. This has been my experience in the 20 yrs i have been bowhunting. Tony

7. There were 5 does in my pasture at 7:45, hung around for 15 min or so then just wandered off over the hill.It was bright last night!!!they didnt seem spooked or nervous? eclipse must not have made a dfference?

8. The dear I hunt move later in the day when there is a full moon. I usually set up next to a funnel coming off of adjacent farm until 9:00 then move to my primary spot and spend the whole day there.

9. With the light of the Full moon, Most deer move around at night and they are usually bedded in the Morning!!! At or around mid day, they get up and move around some.. Evenings are best during Full Moon!!!!!!!! Just my 2 cents worth of BowHunting BigBucks for 39 years!! Stan

10. Thanks for the replys guys. I said the hell with it and slept in and plan on going in the morning. The place I have been hunting , I usually see deer in the morning so I'll give it a try tomorrow...............Rich

11. Went out this morning (fri) and didn't see anything. I think I spooked them when I walked in. I thought I heard them scatter through the woods. Also had another hunter answer my rattle bag with his own.
    ski

12. I didn't make it out this morning , well I did but went back home due to the pouring rain...............Rich