Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone finding any now that the weather has warmed a bit and we have got some rain? I found a few small ones yesterday down here in southern ohio, but thats it. Just wondering if anyone else is having any luck yet?

·
Love To Fish
162 Posts
I finally made it out for an hour this evening, found 6, here in Clark County. One nice grey, and five smaller greys. Would have hunted longer, but my son was scheduled for baseball practice. Stopped hunting and rushed home to take him to practice. Practice was canceled due to wet field. Oh well, I'll go huntin' again tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Good job guys, hey hardwaterfan, in a prior post you said you never found blacks. Would these be your first? I've been finding some but not very big yet. At least the're up.

·
Catch bait???
4,018 Posts
Spent about 3 hours in 2 different woods today looking for them.

I havn't found a single Morel in 3 years since I've lived in the Cinci area :(

·
Just a blind man trying to catch a fish!!!!!!
1,978 Posts
Just got home from the woods and found 45 of them mostly yellows , Give it a few more days and the woods will be on Fire!!!

·
Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)
5,882 Posts
good job on the finds you guys! fishman, keep looking i bet you will find some.

bluefinn i thought they were at first but im told that they are greys. in my limited experience ive never seen a morel so dark looking. very, very hard to spot. when i see pics of blacks other guys find, i see the ridges are black, and the pits are lighter in color, the opposite of my "grays".

found about 15 greys today, all about this size:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Yeah hardwaterfan, taking another look, they are grays. The blacks are more cone shaped & pointed. I didn't think grays would have started up here yet. Good eyes, them buggers do blend in well. Were they by a particular dying tree? I'm heading out today & have a look. THe woods will be alot brighter with all this sunshine. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
well got out for awhile this evening found 26 greys and 3 yellows first yellows for me. Crazy year these came from same area i picked 60 well over a week ago. Other good spots finding 1-2. Wacky weather playin with fish and shroons :D

·
Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)
5,882 Posts
Stumbled onto a really early spot today i guess. two were stunted and bone dry, must have popped back before the cold snap?? The rest were really nice. I cant beleive it.

Attachments

·
Alaskan Assassin
384 Posts
Hey all, I'm new to cleveland, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of any public ground that would be a decent starting point for some shrooms. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey all, I'm new to cleveland, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of any public ground that would be a decent starting point for some shrooms. Any info would be appreciated.
I can't tell you where I get them, but if you shoot me a PM, I'll tell you where HardWaterFan is getting his.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts