Ohio Game Fishing banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,397 Posts
Check out the urban farm guys on utube. They got it all figured out;)...
I don't know if they do. I'll have to try and find them since you did not provide a link. The "wink" emoji suggest that it just might not be so! At least not as much as the Chinese seem to have.

There are a number of places that do sell the kits & spores.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff7J0HCmr8I&t=5s
That's definitely Chinese and not Japanese. And it seems that you need to grow these in shade, much like Connecticut shade grown tobacco for cigar wraps.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I don't know if they do. I'll have to try and find them since you did not provide a link. The "wink" emoji suggest that it just might not be so! At least not as much as the Chinese seem to have."

Sorry Google urban farm guys morel growing an it should pop up. I just assume there's a catch to it considering if they could be grown as the video shows they wouldn't be as pricey as they are. But I am very ignorant when it comes to the world of mushrooms.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
i bought a "Guaranteed To Grow" kit from a Calif company online abt 10 yrs ago for approx $30-40. It was(supposedly!) dirt from their "farm site" that had been "seeded" with morel spores. I spread it around a carefully selected spot in my woods-and had no production. I contacted them via email and they replied to give it a second year to try to produce, still nothing.(All that time, I'm reading about people finding them in "bunches" in middle of big city parks!) Found a video where a guy spent the $35 for a kit and got all excited about getting ONE! I emailed the Cal company that after Three years, still no morels! They sent me another "kit"! It never produced anything either. I still, years later, look each Spring in those two spots hoping against hope to see "Magic" that never comes! My advice, send me the money. It will at least go for a "good cause"! Don't buy a 10 cent bag of California(dead) dirt!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts