close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Morel HELP!!

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by Jumbo, May 4, 2005.

1. As a newbe to shrooming, can anyone tell me what the shelf life of morels are in the refrigerator? Also, suggestions for preserving and storage.
    Thanks in advance, JUMBO

2. I never have any last that long!!!The little lady usually throws them in a cast iron skillet before they have a chance to escape!!!lol!!I've brought them home after being out checking cows and go take a shower and SHE eats them all!!!!!Talk about no respect!!! :mad: :D

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have kept them in a palstic bag in the fridge for 3 or 4 days before cooking, and they were fine.

4. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

They keep for a while in the fridge. I put ours in the vegetable bin. They dry out a little, but that's okay. When you soak and wash them, they return to their normal state. They are great to freeze also.

5. These guys are right that they will keep a while in the fridge. But just a little warning for you. You may not want to put them in the fridge in a plastic bag without washing them well. If the bag is not sealed completely you will end up with a lot of bugs in your fridge. We always rinse them cut them in half longways and clean them up pretty well before storing them.