close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

more senseless violence

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by misfit, Jun 4, 2007.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

from the columbus dispatch.this one was just a couple blocks from me.it's sickening how this stuff is getting to be more and more prevelant everywhere you go.it used to be confined to the inner city,but no place is immune nowadays.what used to be quiet suburbs are becoming battlegrounds and havens for gang bangers,drug dealers,etc.
    250 people there(which is about twice what that place can hold),and nobody could make an id???not hardly.it's apathy and the fact that it's just a way of life for these people who have no regard for the law or the lives of others.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Man dies in shooting on Far East Side
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 3:24 PM
    By Jodi Andes

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
    The scene on the Far East Side early yesterday was all too familiar to police: A fight among Saturday night's bar crowd had left one dead Sunday morning.
    Brent A. Harley, 20, had been inside K-Jay's Sports Bar & Cafe, 6115 E. Livingston Ave. near Brice Road, when an argument moved to the parking lot shortly after 2 a.m.
    No one could say what the fight was about or whether Harley was involved, Sgt. Dana Norman said.
    None of the 250 people in the bar or nearby gave police the name of the gunman, homicide detective Ray Clouse said.
    Also unclear was how Harley was admitted to the bar, which states its 21-and-over-only policy on the door.
    Blood and numerous gun casings, though, told part of the story.
    Halfway between the bar and a neighboring church, a gunman unloaded a series of shots.
    Harley stumbled back into the bar and collapsed near the door. He had been shot in the head, Norman said.
    Harley lived just a few miles away. His mother said that the loss of her son, a former Walnut Ridge High School student, was too painful to talk about.
    “He'll be missed by his family and friends,” Sandra Harley said after answering the door to her home. “He was sweet and caring.”
    Just then, a man inside broke down, and Harley, with tears in her eyes, shut the door.

jandes@dispatch.com

2. stormfront

stormfront Guest

rick, in the last three weeks, a 3 year old was shot and killed by a drunk relative, a 17 year old was shot and killed by a rival high school gang member, and an 18 year old pregnant girl was shot and wounded in a drive by. all this took place in youngstown in the last few weeks. the violence here is unending. this used to be a really nice place to live, but people are leaving the city all the time, giving it up to the gangs. feel so bad for the cops in the city. as i stated in the other violence post, maybe they should initiate a fish ohio award for thugs and gang bangers.

3. I was wondering the same thing about why he was in there to begin with. No one can id the suspect because you can't turn your friend in. His name will come out eventually and he won't be able to run forever. I had a friend and his cousin killed back in November of 2002 and thier killer was on the run for about a week before he got turned in and caught. It's sad that this crap is happening more and more.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

it seems like an every day thing around columbus anymore:(
    the far eastside seems to attract the stuff more and more with time and robberies,rapes,shootings continue to escalate.when i was in school in reynoldsburg,there were about 5000 people.now there's over 30,000.the columbus area has grown from less than 300,000 then,to well over a million now,and the problems have grown even more.i think a lot of it can be attributed to so much section 8 housing springing up everywhere in surrounding areas,replacing inner city housing.the sad part is a lot of the people who live in those places can really afford not to,but work the system to their advantage.and that is not an assumption on my part,but fact that i've seen firsthand.

5. You wouldn't be talking about the families living on welfare and driving the pimped out Expeditions and Escalades would you? I can't figure that one out. Over by my old apartment there was section 8 apartments. For 2 adults you had to make like $35,000 or something like that. Well there were nicer cars in the parking lot than there was in my parking lot.

6. stormfront

stormfront Guest

rick, i lived on lane avenue in 1981 whie down at osu. would walk there late at night and never feared. guess times have changed. kinsman, ohio sounds pretty good right now.