Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished for the last 25 minutes of daylight...since time was short headed to my favorite honey hole. hooked 3 fish in 25 minutes....2 ran 8-9" and this guy went 14.5"....solid river fish...jumpin non stop. it stomach looked fat....like it had just eaten something.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
me and a couple buddies fished the hoga for about 3 hours on wed. and just hammered them! the last 45 minutes we were catching every cast! nothing real big biggest 2 were 15 inchers! I probably caught about 15 and my one buddy caught about 30 or 40! he was nailing em!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeh i seem to do always do best in that last half hour b4 sunset...ive never tried early morning tho...

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
You guys can keep your lures. Just give me a box of crawlers or a bucket of minnies and point me towards the river! I've always done best there floating a half a crawler or a minnow through the pools and current seams. When I can't find the smallies, I can at least catch a creek chub, white bass, panfish, catfish, or the occasional 5-10lb carp. Never caught as many fish on a lure as I have on live bait.

·
Registered
86 Posts
He caught aobut a 30 inch pike too. He got it to the side of the boat, got one hand on it, then in flopped out and off. He was not happy. The smallie helped make up for it....a little.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't think there's a limit, but I'd be careful. Shallow water sneaks up on you quick and could result in buying a new outboard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts