close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

More pc problems

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by CPTN.CROWN, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Well i had a guy come out and fix my machine. Cost me 100.00 but it seemed to be worth it. I kept having a problem with lop.com, and search 200. He was able to fix that.

Now I cant add any web pages to my favorites. Im not sure if he changed something by accident. So I called em, they want another 100 to come check it out. They say we may have hit another mud puddle, and that is not there problem. Well we were out all weekend and didnt get online till last night. Then we rrealized that this was a problem. I dont really want to pay this guy to come back out!!! Anyone ever had this problem that might be able to help me fix my machine?

Thanks

Jason

2. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

a quick google search on "lop" and "search 200" comes up with Spyware returns.

you have spyware on your machine and must remove it. download/install/update Spybot Search and Destroy and ad-aware free version.
    there are countless spyware removal tools now available on the net. search for some free ones and use them.
    spysweeper
    spywareblaster
    Spybot Search and Destroy
    Ad-Aware
    etc
    etc.....

see this thread posted right here in this forum by shakedown.
    http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21146

try that one too.
    and start using Firefox webbrowser instead of IE.

i'd save your $100 and try all these first. Good luck with that.

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

CPTN - I'm in Hilliard, drop me a PM with your phone number, maybe I can swing by this weekend and see if I can help.

4. SUPER offer... WTG !!

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

no doubt..its a super offer.. you better take that Jason..

6. I am, I just wish i could of talked to him before i gave that jack ass 150$

7. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

see you Sunday afternoon ;)

8. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

heyy jason..if roger can't fix it, just throw the dang thing out tha door doood..i'll comeby and pick up the battery..lol..
    good thing u called me when you did, or you would have given some kid his xmas money.. :p :D

9. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

The 2 OGF Captains are setting sail for cyberland :D Make sure Roger wears a helmet Jason ;)

10. Rodger I didnt hear from you. Did something happen?

Im in the process of backing everything up. Went and got some new cd's so i knew exactlly what they were for!

11. This captain cant take the pain no more so ill be drinkin some crown, Rodger you can help your self! :cool:

12. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Uh, I left you a message around 1pm, sorry we missed each other. PM me with another time this week that will work for you.

13. Hmmmmmm we have been having some problems with SBC :eek: Go figure. Did you leave the message on my home line or cell?

Im working from home so whenever. Like i said im in the process of backing up the files that i need! So hopefully it wont be that bad!

14. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

you need to get all data backed up as I'll be wiping the drive clean and laying down a fresh install of XP and SP2. PM me when you're done.

15. Hey Rodger I sent you a pm. Im ready!

16. i dont know about you, but when i installed SP2 my comp hit the crapper . but once i went back and did a system resotre to september, my comp statrted working fine again. SP2 is bad news.

17. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Hmmmm...Not one problem here with SP2....
    :confused:

18. Ken

Ken KLN

loaaded sp2 on my daughter's desk top and my lap top no problem. loaded it on my desk top and it wouldn't let me open up my section of the computer but could open up other accounts deleted it and now mine works fine so going to keep sp2 off my desk top

19. 3 other people i know had a problem with SP2. it made all our comps run slower, and wouldnt let us open the internet(we have sbc yahoo). but if it works for you, use it.

20. Excuse my ignorance! What is SP2?:confused: