close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

More luck at Hoover

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SwollenGoat, Apr 26, 2008.

1. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Hit Hoover with my father in law last night. Put in at Baldrige and wind was terrible, main lake looked like chocolate milk. I had anticipated heading North - but I got a call from another friend who was already up there and there were several boats in the area and the bite was hit and miss. So we decided to head over to twin bridges and see what was shaking there. Found the fish suspended all along the walls, but not as concentrated as last week. So we tried shallow in the back of the southern bridge cove. Nada. Though I did hook something big that I fought for about 3-4 minutes on 6 lb. test and never saw. Just as I got him to the boat he spit the jig and disappeared - probably a cat, but I'll never know for sure.

Sooooo, went back out in the main cove of twin bridges and set up out of the wind. At twilight the bite really turned on and at times couldn't manage 2 poles. We ended up keeping around 3 dozen all over 9". Lots of females with eggs, so they haven't all moved up yet. This coming week should be the ticket.;)

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

nice work:)
    glad you finally learned how to put some fish in the boat"D;)
    i think the bite will get tougher this coming week,with the cold front coming in.fish will probably move out of the shallows and people have to work a little harder to find them.

3. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Where exactly is the twin bridges area? It's not labeled on the lake map.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

slim,it's on the east side of the lake,south of the sunbury rd. bridge.after you cross the lake on sunbury rd.,turn right at the dead end.twin bridges will be on the right,not far from there.there is a ramp and parking lot there.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

if you look at the map,you'll see it.just look to the right of where sunbury crosses,and you'll see symbols for a boat ramp in the cove where it goes under the road.

6. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Oh OK. That's Red Bank. Funny thing is I've fished that area so many times and I've only heard it called Twin Bridges once before this post. Glad to hear that fish are caught there since that area is normally heavily pressured. I always catch something there when I go there, just nothing much worth mentioning. I must go at the wrong times...

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yep.it's on red bank rd.
    that's where sunbury deadends after crossing the lake.farther south is lake of the woods cove,which you can access from the road also.it's another good spot for this time of year.

8. Magilla

Magilla Rather be fishing

My son and I was on Hoover last night also. Same as SwollenGoat, the bite was slow at first but when we found them--- WOW. We found them in 8ft of water in the Northwest side of the lake. The bite was the best at dusk. Took 30 crappie, one white bass, one rock bass, and a nice channel cat 16". We kept 25 of the crappies all over 9" and 3 at 11 1/2 ". Great night of fishing.

9. starcraft

starcraft Sponser MHS

Nice job Goat!!! Hear is my little report from the mornin hit the water at first light and once again the bite was hot for 2 hours then around 9 it slowed to fish here fish there ended up wit 30 or so. Little more then half over 9inch females still wit eggs to bad this cold snap coming it would of been really good this week.:(

Fishing pressure was high;) boats anchored cross from me all down the bank never seem so much traffic on hoover.