close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

more fun on hoover

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, Aug 19, 2004.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hit the water about 9 this morning,and commenced jigging.had to anchor in a few spots,as the battery was dead,so working the trolling motor was out.
    but it didn't prevent me from havin' a blast with the eyes and white bass :cool:
    boated several eyes up to 18 inches,and missed/lost a few nice ones.
    between eye bites,i wasn't bored,as the white bass were so eager to chomp on my spoons,that i lost count of how many i caught :D

as usual,the day wasn't without a little adventure.as i was heading back to the ramp,i noticed a big(app. 26 foot)sailboat leaning over,close to shore,with a guy in the water,hanging on the side.i turned back to check things out,and found the sailboat was grounded,and the guy was standing in water only a little over knee deep,trying to drag the boat out of the mud,while another guy was on the boat watching :rolleyes:
    both big sails were flapping in the breeze,pushing the boat even closer to shore,as it listed at about a 30 degree angle to the water.after hooking my little boat up to them,it took about 20 minutes of pulling against the wind,to finally get them out of their predicament,and send them merrily sailing away.
    that's the second sailboat rescue my little boat has made this year.after towing a boat in last year,and rescuing doc from the beach at cj brown,i think i'll rename my boat "LIL" MULE" :D cause she's a real workhorse,and we just "git 'er done" ;)

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

You get an ataboy for that one Rick. Nice job. Now don't screw up and lose it.

3. Whatcha gonna do if you happen to see a illegal jet ski stuck out there? :rolleyes:

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

to the driver or the jetski? ;)
    or both? :eek: :D