close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

More from WKYC Outdoors

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Obviously, there's a big push here at WKYC (my REAL job) to make this outdoors endeavor(WKYC Outdoors) more prominent and more successful. Soon, there will be actual on-air promotion (TV COMMERCIALS) extolling the great virtues and positive aspects of the outdoors resources we have here in Ohio.

As we grow, we've also added, in addition to the new "VIEWER PHOTOS" uplink, an email subscription service where you can automatically receive, every Friday morning, Betsy's Friday Fishing Forecast, the weekly fishing report, plus the video story of the week.

Subscribe at the bottom left of the page by filling out the on-line form.

www.wkyc.com/outdoors

We're also putting together a contest for "Outdoors email" subscribers, and are working on some prizes. More details to follow, once we get them worked out.

This would be in addition to our photo contests.

WKYC TV 3 is a media partner of OGF and Vermilion Hawgfest sponsor. Please continue to support them, as well as all of our other advertisers.

Thanks everyone.

2. I spoke with the webmaster today, and in 2 hours, we had 8 sign ups... THANK YOU ALL!!! (I won't lie, I was one of them...)

He issued a challenge... WKYC also has a "Mommy" website for mothers who need cooking ideas and info on, well, mom stuff... They have had an email notification service for two months... He challenged me to try and BEAT their email list of 200 in one month... Can we do it? Can we blow "Northcoast Moms" out of the water??? I think so!!!

The lady that runs the "moms" website is really a great gal... In fact, she just was awarded "Employee of the Month" for her hard work. The outdoors site still gets more traffic than hers, but she's a lot better looking than me and has a MUCH better attitude! :D

Just a little in-house TV station competition... Gotta have some fun or it gets too much like work! LOL!

Thanks everyone!

3. jmenchhofer

jmenchhofer 'eye addict

With over 10,000 members on this site, it should be easy for you to surpass 200 sign ups per month. Let us know how the friendly competition turns out! ;)

4. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Nice Carl, but when I try to sign up, I get this:

"Sorry, there was an error

Thanks for trying to sign-up"

5. I think the hamster fell off the wheel in the WKYC computer system... LOL

We're up to 19 registrations!!! Keep em coming!!!

Thanks.