close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Moose Attack!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SConner, Aug 15, 2007.

1. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Going through some old pictures and came across one I thought you all might enjoy. This picture was taken about 21 years ago when I was living in SLC, Utah. Heading up Little Cottonwood Canyon one day saw a moose in a picnic area off side of the road and decided to stop for a few pictures. Keep in mind this was back when most cameras were not auto everything and I did not have zoom lense. Took a few pictures from afar and moose did not seem to care. Few steps closer and a couple more pictures, few more steps closer couple more pictures. As I was taking this "one last picture" I got my f-stop and shutter settings right and was starting to get focused when I noticed the moose was lowering head and turning toward me. Moose began charge just as I got this one last shot off. I turned and ran about a 4.2 forty to hide behind a sapling (only cover available). Well the moose stopped about 4 feet short of the tree and me, pawed & snorted then casually walked away. My heart rate goes up just thinking about it 21 years later. I am much older and wiser now! It is the best/worst picture I have ever taken... A little blurred and out of focus but subject matter rocks.

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=27609&cat=500

2. Nothing like hunting something that can hunt you back!

3. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Yeh, and 35mm cameras have horrible stopping power!