Ohio Game Fishing banner
61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Yea 19 hours of driving n now it's raining. Their are mule deer out in droves. So, pulled into a parking lot trying to get a few hours of sleep before continuing. With these night time driving conditions it's hard to see the road, multitude of mule deer, and so we are attempting to get a few hours of sleep.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
It can get pretty hairy driving in the dark with mule deer along the road side…experienced that a few times in North Dakota…better off losing a few hours to sleep than days to vehicle damage from a deer…

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Many years ago, I did almost $5,000 damage to my Jeep when multiple deer ran dead in front of me. Since then, I bought "deer whistles" for ALL families vehicles & we all have multiple examples of deer either stopping or reversing when we get in range, but NO MORE deer accidents. Cheap insurance at about $8.00 a pair & they are effective if you're over 30 MPH....I get ours at Autozone.

Mike

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
We made it to Montana last night but the fog n rain and the 1000 mule deer next to the road we decided to get a few hours of rest. We are headed to Eureka now n will be there in 6 hours.
Who says fishermen are prone to exaggerating?? ;)🤣
Enjoy your trip!

Mike

61 - 80 of 117 Posts