Monster White Crappie

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Travis22, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Got this crappie thursday in pond

Attached Files:

2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

All I can say is AWESOME! Great looking fish and congradulations on the catch.

3. Congrats! What kind of bait/color were you using? Anything else bite?
    The pond by my house is lookin more and more tempting

4. Thanks guys nice to get out looking forward to this spring!

5. pink jig with twister tail got a small bass about 10" then two cast later got this one same spot only fish for about an hour had to go back to work

6. nice fish! Let me guess the north east corner of the pond where the warm water was blowing in. I fish neighborhood ponds like that alot and in the spring its always just a matter of finding the warm spot in the pond. Sometimes they stack up near the inflow pipe if the water is warmer there too. Caught two nice bass that way on thursday too using a jerkbait.

7. Nathan

Nathan CWfisherman

Nice crappie, so let the cat out of the bag and give up the location of the pond.....Ha Ha

8. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Travis22........Real nice catch.......my man. Only problem I have is, that you guys living in parts of our state that have open waters,,,,,, should be issued a "picture black-out" policy ........ untill us ice bears( here in the far reaches of Ohio country).......at least get some open waters......Until that happens, we"ll giv your pic. a quick glance.........And "WHIPE THE DROOL OF ENVY " off our sad little faces......Thanks again for sharing...........great fishing season to you...........Jon Sr.

9. wow that is great this early in march, and in that lil pond, do you happen to know how long that pond has been there? just curious

10. not to mention how long was it, that is about the biggest crappie ive seen here in ohio, it might have been a mounter, for me anyways haha

11. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Nice big one man. Thanks for the pic. I'll bet the picture didn't give justice as to how big it truly was...

12. Travis22 - Great catch!
    By the way the background of the photo looks reall familar - Do you live on the SE side of Columbus?

13. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Thats a great fish AND you have a pic for proof!

14. AWESOME fish! Very nice. Can't wait to get out and get a few up here too!

15. Wow, got a length measurement on it?

16. nice fish i cant wait to catch some slabs.