Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a picture on a guys phone of a real big walleye caught at mosquito recently, not much info on it other than it was 38.5 inches long, some lady was holding it by the marina.true or not i don,t know, anyone out there hear of a fish that size out of squito, it was a biggie, but was it a erie fish? like to find out the scoop on this one,....

·
Set The Hook`
4,212 Posts
a 38.5" Erie fish isnt even believeable......especially out of squito....perhaps 28.5"???

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surely wasn't an eye more like a pike at 38 inches
it was a walleye she was holding a big one but like I said not much info just a pic and supposedly the length, maybe the bait store up there have heard the story, I would think the 28 in length more realistic.. that's why I hate 2nd had stories.....

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,859 Posts
Noway there's a 38.5" walleye in mosquito, If there was I'd of caught it by now!! That fish she's holding is 6-7 pounds maybe.. It is a very nice fish for sure for mosquito.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,398 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
If her arms were longer it could be 40+ inches. Nice fish, but 6 or 7 lbs tops. Really wish people would take decent pix of their fish & game.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep after getting a better look it,s more of a 28 in or so, the outstretched arms makes it look longer .i figured the first story i heard was a bit fishy, that how fish stories get started i guess...

·
Registered
598 Posts
If she has 'Man' hands it could be... :p

Figgering a 4" spread, that Walleye would be about 26" - 28" long methinks. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts