Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
out4dabig1
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught the biggest crappie of my life out of my pond last nite, didn't even know they were in there, 15" is that a fish ohio? If so than I've caught two fish ohio's in the last week out of a pond that everyones telling me to fill it in because it leaks. I've also seen a bass that will go at least 5lbs, but I cant get him to hit. I THINK I'LL KEEP THE POND!

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,956 Posts
15' crappie...nice. keep the pond. if you can see the bass try a minnow lip hooked a few feet under a bobber. just cast out past him(or her) and reel it in slowly. we used to catch everything like this in a pond when i was younger where you could see the fish and they would not bite either.

·
Perch Addict
892 Posts
Got a 17" and a 17 1/4" from a lake off st rt 32 in EASTGATE in 1999

Let them both go and have booted myself in butt ever since.......

That would have made a very nice mount

T

·
out4dabig1
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the next time I'll be sure to get a pic,I got one of the gill, so I'll have to catch that crappie again and the bass also and get their weight and length.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Last night, I caught a 14" Crappie. I had never caught one before, but yesterday I caught 6 of them and I only fished for 45 minutes.

·
out4dabig1
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's hard to believe that thi pond holds that quality of fish.I can't believe the vegetation thats in it and all the small gills and the amount of tadpoles, they have plenty to eat on.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,145 Posts
Wow, that is a small pond! Maybe you could dig it out, but I have heard that can be expensive. Ya might look into rentin a backhoe or somethin?

CG

·
out4dabig1
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hooked one of the big bass tonight but couldn't seal the deal, after a well fought battle I thought he was tired ,but I was wrong, once I got him to my feet he wasn't ready to give up and made a run wraped me around a log and broke me off. I guess 6lb fireline isn't enough for a 4+ fish with an attitude.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts