Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We went up to this lake to swim on saturday. its small damed creek that runs into the cuyahoga, and while my sisters went to swim. i walked over the path that runs over the small dam and saw two decent pike, both mabey 25"-30". and when i got closer to the spillway, i saw the biggest bass i have ever seen in person. i might be exagerating a little but it might have hit 7 or 8 pounds!
so i walked back to the car to get my tackle box and pole, i always have some stuff incase the opertunity to fish comes.
but the path thats goes across the dam is maby a, 2 1/2-3 foot drop into the water. and i didnt have a net. so i walked around the lake where the creek dumps into the lake and made 1 cast and got a 17" (first pic) bass. the next cast another hit. i didnt weigh it or take a pic but was still 16"-17".
then the next cast, had another one! but i handed the pole to my little sister, to reel in. and theirs about a foot drop into the water. so she tryed to lift it out of the water with the pole. but i only had 6 lbs line on that reel. so the fish broke off. after about 5 mins i had another one on. i thought for sure in was a pike. but it was this 21" bass. took a quick pic and released. then the moster, ( well a monster for me) and you dont have to believe me since i dont have a pic. (phone died) but was my biggest bass to date. a 24" largemouth!!
then a ranger walks over and says nice fish, i knew then since i saw him drive all the way accross the lake and get out of his truck, and since i landed 4 bass anybody on this site would be happy to have on the end of they're line. that there isnt fishing allowed here.
but he was nice about it since i really didnt know you werent allowed to fish their.
mabey because the swimmers? but ive got to many lakes like that, were you can fish on one side and swim on the other.

*and once i figure out how to upload pics on here i will*

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
finaly... i think they look all light colored, because i couldnt get the "flash" to turn off, and it was mid-day.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Nope. It was no fishing for a long time. They started allowing people to fish there and keep what they caught a few years ago. The big ones got cleaned out real fast! I did just read that the Metroparks just restocked the lake with gills and 12" cats and bass so there's something to catch in there. They drain the lake about halfway in the winter and then refill for swimming so it doesn't hold as many fish as you would think for the size of the lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts