Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started this morning NW of the crib in 55fow- picked up nothing. we noticed a lot of boats due north so started a troll N. it was almost 2 hours before landing our first walleye- it was a very slow pick to start the day. After trying everything possible spoons, harness, RR, dipsy, jets, riggers, snap-on weights- we decided to head for deeper water. We ran to 66fow- 10.5 miles straight out of rocky river- we picked up 7 eyes to 2 steelhead in 3 hours at that mark. Most fish came on big dipsy(luhr jensen) 3 setting 80 back. pooh bear caught 5 walleye and 1 bullet.

Ended the day with 10 eyes and 2 bullets. fished from 7-2:30

We werent the only boat landing some steelies either, several other guys had said over the radio that theyed landed some steel!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Thanks for the report. Eyes and steelhead intermingle in the lake this time of year...jmo. Nothing, creates chaos like steelies. Some hate it.....some love it.

I'm a small rig and only run 4 lines......I love steelhead hits for the fun they bring.

Good luck..be safe out there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evileye- majority of the eyes were 21-22'. however two were fish ohio's. this is the bigger of the 2 walleye-31' and the steel-22'(i didnt measure it). This is a cell phone picture that I texted to my email- only 2 fish but gives some idea.

I have never uploaded pics here before so hopefully it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Raider44, Did you weigh the FO eye? Just wondering, I caught a 9.6 #er sunday, my personal best and forgot to measure for fo, did the same thing in april with a huge smallie 5 1/2 #er,, double dah. Nice catch, those steelies are great, boated an 8 3/4 #er 29" last year. Great job going after them, thanks for the info...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts