close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Monday Night Open results Griggs 5-24

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Rainer Wolf, May 25, 2004.

1. Muddy, high, no fish brought in. First time that's ever happened. Next Mon is Memorial day. NO TOURNEY. So, we'll fish O'shaughnessey the following monday. My club will be tyhere and Our annual raffle will be held. Hope to see y'all there. Should be a bunch of boats.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Rainer, where is your club going to be and when. Sorta lost me on your post??Is this a open or what?

3. Oh Wolfie????? What club is you in my brother?

4. Dale, yes it's the normal deal, but my club will have a quick monthly meeting there and our annual raffle ($5 for 6 tickets, 1st prize $200 galyans gift cert or cash) Many of the club members'll bring there boats and fish the open too. So, that's the Monday after memorial day at O'sh. Welcome home buddy

Trucked, Twin Rivers Bassmasters is my club.

5. DaleM

I hope to be there that Monday. Haven't fished a tournament yet, well maybe because I've been in Canada so long :D

6. Well, Dale you haven't missed too much with missing mine. The river's been so high every monday it's been tough, therefore boats have been shying away. Soon, when it all simmers down I expect a consistant good turnout. Last Monday I got to see my old boat. The guy I sold it to(Mike) came to Griggs. He's hooked that boat up good. I have yet to catch a monday night keeper, but anywhere else i go in my boat I've done great. I'm going to Alum this Sat for the GoodOl'Boys open.

7. didn't win the good ol boys open at alum, lots of cicadas. Had a good time, caught a respectable bag of bass but nothing close to winning. I think 12.66 was winning weight.

See you all at O'Shaughnessey this mon. Should be a good one.

8. DaleM

See you there Rainer. Should be a better day.

9. The question is, how'd you do in Upper U.S.A.? Any fish large enough to speak of? I know it was cool up there. Good to see you back too. I'll catch you probably Monday night. What time is the Tourney again? I took Lily out on Alum yesterday for a few hours and she caught a catfish that broke her 4lb line. I had to hold her arms while she was trying to fight it. It wanted to pull the rod out of her hands. Kept stripping line out on a fairly tight drag.
    She got it up to the boat after it dragged her & I all around the back deck. (Ultralights) When she saw it, she said "Holy Moley Dad look at that". We started laughing and she raised the rod while she was laughing and his head came out of the water. That was the end of that. He shook the hook out of the front of his mouth. He was a pretty good size too. Looked about 27". Big fat belly and spitting eggs all over the water. Too bad I couldn't get any pictures. I was too busy holding her in the boat. There was no way she was going to let that rod of hers go. :eek:

Well, good to see ya back.

Later

10. tourney goes from 6-9pm. $10 per person. Sometimes I'll start 10 mins early, but i doubt that'll happen this one. My club'll be there with our annual raffle. 1st prize is $200 gift cert to Galyans or cash(you decide). They're holding the monthly meeting as well. I'm not too sure, but those club members in the meeting may have to take off some time after six depending how long meeting goes. I'm hoping they can get it out of way ahead of time. We've had meetings on the river before, but never this way(with a tourny going on) because our "nighter" was always on Wednesdays.

11. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Hey Rainer, do you know of anybody with an open seat?? Thanks

12. Results for O'Sh 6-7
    1st place mike and KennyQ 4 fish 5.89lbs
    2nd place Brandon(Shakedown) and Jason 3fish 5.51lbs
    3rd Dave and ??(i forget don't have list right now) 3fish 3.89lbs

BigBass 3.33pounder! Brandon and Jason very nice!

Water is calming down but still muddy.

The results are in my wifes car. Brandon? I hope you were fishing with Jason, I'm not sure. Correct I'm if I'm wrong.

18 boats 30 anglers.
    See everyone at Griggs next Monday.

13. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Yeah man...that was us. Only weighed 2 though, unless Jason snuck a gill in while I wasn't lookin ;)

Great time as always Rainer.

14. basspro, sorry I didn't see your post in time. As far as open seats, usually just show up and hope for the best. My son broke my cell so i guess maybe next time call Gator(my partner) at 226-4099 at 5-5:15pm and we'll let you know if any singles

15. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Rainer...Kevin fished with the legend, Dale Miller last night.

BTW, on our way home from OShay on 270 around Hilliard we saw someone towing a boat pulled over by the fuzz. Thought it was one of the tournament guys from last night?

16. i drove by 270 just after 10pm and saw that smokeybear with a 4wheeler no boat. He must've been catchin more than i did that night.

17. i was wondering if anyone has an open seat for this wekends open? thanks wanna-b..

18. wannabe,
    that probly won't be as easy because it's a big$$ entry. probly60-75 bucks a team. I'll be at pleasanthill, or i'd for sure be there. Good luck.

19. It's just too high! Someone help me let Kenny Know...He'll show up ottherwise.

20. O'shay tonight see y'all there