Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished same are as weekend..between ballast and north tip of kelley's..i think its 38/45 or close. Tried a few different things since I was by myself. 5 colors leadcore with worm harness and harness on a dipsey. both caught fish. Also, after running out of worms, I ran a 40 jet 50 back and a dipsey on #3 at 45 to 55 with spoons that took a few. The number of white bass and sheephead was unbelievable though. Everyone complainin on radio about the trash fish. That, along with the bugs made it a frustrating morning but still beats workin' :)

Are the trash fish just as bad east? vermillion area?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Went out of Cranberry Creek on Saturday and the trash was unbelievable as well. In the last 4 years I can't remember catching that many sheephead in one day. However, Sunday out of Wildwood it wasn't as bad.

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
We also had a few sheeps Sunday. I noticed they were all caught at lower speeds. If we kept the speed up, 2.6 or higher, no sheeps.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
I've boated two sheephead this season with the second one coming Sunday. I can't complain about them...now the white bass is a different story. I started the season with 10 leaders tied and ready to go. The first weekend of trolling I was down to 2 and tied another 9. Right now I'm sitting at 6. The smaller white bass will hit and spin like crazy and tangle the leader eventually either breaking it off or rendering it useless. :mad:
The gnats were incredibly irratating Sunday. They were so bad around west Sister I have thousands of dead bugs in and on my boat. I noticed the mayfly hatch has started but it didn't seem to bad yet. I didn't see any on the water just at the marina's and on the roads.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
We fished n/e of Vermilion and didn't pull more than 5 junkers all weekend.We didn't pull any meat and kept the speed around 2.6.
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts