Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 9 to 10 miles north of edgewater NE corner of the dumping ground!

Kgone and I had a little bug and deciced to go out for a couple hours.. after us both having rough days in the office is was great to get and enjoy this great lake ....

We invited Mr. Mike Miller out and enjoyed is company and fishing know-how.. Let me tell ya , This guy can fish and it was a pleasure having him aboard.

it nice to learn a few new things from great versatile fisherman....

thanks Mike and hope to fish with ya again soon!

we got 18 walleye last night and 2 steelhead in 2 1/2 hours.. all 2003 healthy fish and and of the steelies wa a gourgous 27 incher with some awesome colors on it .. green back... rainbows... we would taken a pick but we wanted this beautiful fish back in the water ASAP since we we got in it quick and still great fight in it... we decided to release all these little fighters to grow and be caught another day...

some these little 19- 20 inch porkers were on the feed...nice little guts on them and decieved us a bit thinkinhg we had a nice fish on... they have been fightin hard @ times this year...

most were caught on spinners and dipseys along with heavy snap weights and spinners off of boards using a 50/50 method or 60/60....

orange beads with copper willow beads took alot of fish along with red and gold blades and purple and copper willow were the tops combo... we were trying to fish deeper.... try to get the biggens... speed for us was 1.7 to 1.8 seemed to catch alot of fish... and many doubles...

over all ,a blast and these fish are everywhere.... in 3 to 5 years there gonna be alot 4 to 6 lb fish in this lake...

hope every one gets out soon and enjoys this!!!!

Frank

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey!! You found my favorite dumping ground spot. That area has produced well for me over the past 2-4 years. Especially for the silverbacks. Which it sounds like you caught a very nice one!

Great report! Keep em coming.

Five C's:)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thanks for the detailed report, your rite about the fight sat. eve had a chunky 03 class pull the drag at the boat very impressive!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
good job guys - nice to hear about the snap weights and other programs - theres lots of methods to catching and keeps things intresting using different ways.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
Yeah exactly lots of way to catch walleye, each offering a suttle difference in presenation mostly the pull and surge they have in the water, different tactics can yield different results and often will prevail to nail big fish if done right which is what I am trying to do, which i will admit I haven't gotten any big ones in the last two trips out during the tourney on the 16th we did but not off Cleveland.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was out on monday with a few up and coming fisherman. Our biggest fish came off the board with a 40 jet! We had a young man driving left hard! Right hard, letting go of the wheel! The board was way back behind the boat! So I reeled up alittle and you guessed it! I reach to unsnap and there line goes! I made sure the hook was in and a fine young man brought in his first 30" lake erie walleye! We caught more with the kids driven then me or the captian. I even tried to copy thier movements but I couldn't! I had the same thing happen last year with a guy who don't drive boats! I caught more fish with him jizzing and zagging then we did! We made slow moves I Guess! I just hate to see all thoughts lines criss cross but as they drive most lines end up Ok WITH FISH! Just a thought! Spin the wheel and see what ya land on !

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
Ohh Yeah S turns or Zig Zags are one of the best way to trigger bites, walleye are known for following baits as soon as the bait slows down or start to switch directions BAM that's when they hit it alot of the time. I never troll in a a straight line it doesn't produce nearly as well as varying patterns.

Nice job on the 30 inch fish, 30 is the hump that's hard to get over.

·
Tom B.
3,888 Posts
My brother calls my boat handling while we troll "Drunk Driving", but we hook a lot of fish while I drive. Usually it's because I'm playing with the fishfinder/GPS, changing stations on the radio, yakking with anyone in the back of the boat, etc...... All that counts is that it produces fish:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
It wasn't the first 30" this year but, with the kids it was great! All out off bula in 60 ' fow ! I wish I had a pic this week but the Fish went to party w/o pics , However one of the little ones was late for his b_day party !BUT for 5 hrs. of fishing we got 5 eye's and one steelie! All came from 10:00 to 3:00 ! All good bites are before sunup to about 10:00am from what I hear! Run the 40's off the boards with meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:T :T :T :T :B

1 - 10 of 10 Posts