Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishin today with Flylogicsteelhead. A great day to be alive and a beautiful day on the water. Derek....it was a pleasure and this time we lost the skunk.

We ended around 3pm with 9 in the box including a stout
8+ pounder. Three on harnesses and 6 on spoons...
copperbacked confusion stinger did best. Orange and gold were hotest. Best bite was 4-5 miles n of crib along the west edge of the nets. We figured 25-35' down was best.

I personally put on a "netting clinic" today featuring all the fumbling methods....except the "fall overboard" technique.
Sadly, the camera crew was absent.

Good luck...be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Good catching Bob & fly....glad you guy's had a good day :) sunday was a tough day for the crew on my boat..hope to turn that around next weekend.
the high point of the day was acouple eye's and a steelie that pulled about 50feet of line and jumped acouple of times then slipped off.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wallydog...saw your open seats...just couldn't put timing together to go fishin with you. Look forward to fishin with ya Mike.

ez...we ran all. (4 rods)

Outside rods were inline boards with jet30 or inline weights.

Dipsys on Inside/corner rods: Size0 with ring, size1 without ring, both set on 3. Size0, fish came 190-210 back....three fish...small confusion. Size1 no ring, 90-110 back two fish....large (don't know the name) blue and gold spoon.

These damn walleye need to get organized.....so we can give them one program......they will all bite on. Hmmmm!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Way to go Bob and Flylogicsteelhead. Glad to see everyone is catching on.
Made it out with Hetfield and Moondog5814 on sunday. Het scared the skunk right out of me, said he'd make me swim back in if we got skunked. Life's good again.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It was a good trip since we heard from a few different people talking of skunks at the dock. I think Jim Stedke said it best- You have to fish where the fish are. Which seemed to be a nice haul north of the crib. Bob tangled the net so it looked like he was netting with a pizza spatula and then flipped the fish on board. God was that funny.

That was also the first time I have ever worked a small pocket of fish. Off of the perch nets we kept making small circles and everytime we passed that area, only trolling south, we picked up at least one or two fish. All of those fish hit in a 100 foot area tops. Find those active fish and work them. Fun time and a cooler full of good eaters.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mad-eye......deepest sympathy! We have all been down that road. Having that humbling experience every so often makes me really appreciate decent days.

I had back to back skunks a couple weeks back. That hurt!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Worst part was the guy I was with had come up a day early on a business trip from Nashville to try to catch his first walleye. I sure showed him.

I wanted to go home and slit my wrists with a stinger spoon ground sharp on one side. After I set the boat on fire in sacrifice to the fishing gods.

·
multi species angler
4,374 Posts
Worst part was the guy I was with had come up a day early on a business trip from Nashville to try to catch his first walleye. I sure showed him.

I wanted to go home and slit my wrists with a stinger spoon ground sharp on one side. After I set the boat on fire in sacrifice to the fishing gods.
Thats way worse than getting skunked by yourself or with a fishing buddie. I hate taking some one out and try to put them on the fish and failing. I feel terrible when that happens:(

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mad-eye.....consider this. Getting skunked fishin with the boss can be a good thing!

"I'm workin hard boss....honest!"

Used to have a boss who did "Sales training" on every tee. We were WAY overtrained.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts