close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mohican State Park?

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Carpman, May 22, 2007.

1. Anybody been tearing up some trout over there lately? I haven't been over there since last summer! I need to get out there and do some wade fishing! I hear the smallmouth are thick there also? Any reports from fly fishing that area? Thanks in advance!

2. mazer

mazer Master of Creek Chubs

I am also interested in any info. The wife and I try to go down there at least once a year. Have yet to actually fish it, but did get to scout below the dam last year. Quite beautiful along that trail.

We are expecting our first child in a few months. So if we get to go at all this year (unlikely), it will have to be in a hotel instead of camping. She wants to go, but I think she´d regret it, sleeping on the ground and all. My daughter´s getting very active now :D She probably wants to go fishing with her old man.

Thinking about a day trip down there during the baby shower. I am not invited to the baby shower anyway :( (why is it that the husband is not invited? I can go to the lamaze and breastfeeding classes, but not the baby shower? Is it so the mothers & mother-in-law can bond? I´d much rather be at the shower, but it seems men are not invited)

3. If you want to fish the park get ther eearly and leave eraly the pressure from the aluminum hatch can be awful, go to the upper stretches. The numbers of trout caught in the past years has been less and less it has to be from ppl taking fish. I used to catch 6-12 fish and all hold overs, now 6 years later I'm lucky to turn a fish. I have not caught a brown over 20" there in a few years and its pretty sad. Olive wolley buggers #8-10, brown stones #12-14!

4. I agree...the Clearfork has been tough to fish in the last couple of years. I plan to fish it tomorrow....