Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone fish here? Never fished it or even know if there's fish and going camping at smith campgrounds tomorrow and was wondering if I could do some casting there for dinner? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been camping down there a couple times over the past years, I've only fished for carp. If you hook into a couple of them you'll have all kinds of fun.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i've caught smallies (and some big ones!) in there, haven't seen any "eater" fish come outa there but that doens't mean they're not in there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I work at Mohican Adventures so I am always on that river I dont think it would be great fishing it is usually muddy and shallow if your going to fish down there fish where the clear fork enters its one of the cleanest rivers around.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well guys I got a camp site right on the river. Saw fish splash so I set up on the bottom and about twenty minutes went by and boom my rod almost went into the river, started fighting it in and ended up being a 22 inch channel cat! Had another hit just as hard but it went into some tree roots and snapped the line. If u go down just set your rod up with a bell and sit by the fire and wait. I'll try to upload a picture when I get home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts