close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogodore/Congress Lake Road - 12/28/04

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by pymybob, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Hit the lake this afternoon with my new toy - see tackle forum - and it wasn't bad. Managed about 20 fish in about an hour and a half. The majority of these 'gills were 8"+ and up, three around the 10"+ inch mark. Only a handful of dinks. These were some of the best bluegills I've pulled out of Mogodore.

All were taken on Green/Chartruese & Waxies in 5' - 8' of water. I popped a lot of holes and took only a couple fish from each. The "run and gun" approach really worked. Not too bad for the first time out this year given the time I had.

All went back to fight another day. It was just good to finally get out. By my estimation, there was atleast 6" of ice if not more. Also, there were a bunch of shanties on the west side of 43.

I may try it tomorrow evening. Will post results if I make it out.

Tread safely.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

can we see pics on a weights and measures certified stamped tape measure? We have a had a few pics of fish that have been questionable.....:)

3. You keep catchin' those dinks from OSP and leave the "bull" gill's to yours truly! Next time I will bring the digital camera...and the "certified stamped tape measure scale" LOL!

Did you make it out today JB?

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

no, some people have to work........I am going to try and make it out thurs, either to OSP or congress lake, depends on the weather though. the bass were hitting at OSP, and are fun. what time of the day were you fishing?

5. 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.

By the looks of this "slow" melt and what's in store for later on this week, tomorrow may be the last day until the colder temps come back next week that I will be heading out. Just have to wait and see.

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

yeah, i'm not sure either, if it stays cool w/o rain, i'll go and have a try at it.