close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogodore - 1/29/05

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by pymybob, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Hit Mogodore today from 10-3, east of 43. Nothing to go running home about. One keeper perch and that was it. A lot on guys were coming off the lake with nothing to show for it today either. Ice was in pretty good shape. There seemed to be 5+ inches everywhere I went.

Drove past CLR and it was packed...literally. There were no spots in either lot when I drove by. Was anyone out there? Wondering how the bite was there today.

Either way, it was a great day to be out - that's probably why the fishing stunk! Oh well....

2. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

I stopped after work and left at 5:00. I also was fishing east of 43 and did real well. Chartuse with red dot pin min. Caught many and most where small. I did bring home 11 large red ear. Fishing in 9 Foot of water just out from the floating dock. Seen a few guys there and no one seemed to be doing well. I had the grandson with me or I would have stayed till dark when the bite picks up. He was cold and didn't have the patience. If you weren't jiging, the fish didn't bite.

3. Sounds like you did well. I think I may have seen you. Did you have brown overalls on? I saw someone in that direction with a kid so it must have been you. I was in the one-man black Frabill.

I tell you, I threw everything I had at them today, but oh well! :) Maybe I'll hit it sometime after work this week. Let's hook up sometime out there...

4. crooked stripe

That was us. The grandson just like playing with the fish and laying on the ice, that really impressed him. There was a fellow that moved in just as we left and seen me getting bites and when we went down the road he was sitting over our holes. Hope he does well. Love to hook up sometime. No one to fish with. My work schedule doesn't allow much fishing time. Started my own Co. last year and I have to work when needed to keep the bills paid. Good in a lot ways, I have a lot of time off when not wanted. Keep in touch, John

5. crooked stripe

Pymyob I forgot to say we fished off CLR for a while and not a bite. Most guys where moving all over. Water to shallow in my openion. John

6. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

Crooked Stripe,

Where is the floating dock? I only fished Mog. once. Is it near the island?

Thanks
    Tim

7. crooked stripe

The floating dock is east of 43 by the boat house. They take it out in the winter before the ice. It is sitting in the parking lot. Straight out from the boat house it gets deep and there is a weed line there. Fish the edge of the weed line.