close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogodore - 1/29/05

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by pymybob, Jan 29, 2005.

1. hitting it tomorrow afternoon for a couple hours if anyone is interested? Will post results...

2. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

I hit that lake off CLR 2 times this week and didn't find them. I hope to hear someone else finds them and posts. I don't know if it is just me or the fish aren't hungry.

3. With the goofy weather over the past month, who know's how these fish will respond. If I do find them, I'll post some pics if I can. How was the ice? I drove past CLR yesterday and saw a bunch of guys all the way out by the duck blind which is encouraging. Did you come across any soft spots that I should be aware of?

4. crooked stripe

Ice where I tried was 3-4" and craking a little. I would like to try west of CLR but found iffy ice. I did see a person out by the island yesterday but he was the only one when I drove by. Good luck let me know. John

5. I hit CLR today from around 2:00 to 5:00. I thought it was going to be a great afternoon, the first two 'gills went 8" & 9" but the rest were dinks 7" or less. I came away a couple dozen 'gills. I did pop ALOT of holes but I just could not seem to get them going in any one particular spot. One fish here, two there. You know the drill.

Anyway, the ice was weird today. Most of the spots I was on had anywhere between 6-7" (3" of clear & 3" of cloudy/frozen slush) but when I ended my day, I was on about 3" in this spot and I just had a real uneasy feeling about. The ice seemed strong enough but you never want to take it for granted.

I may hit it again tomorrow. Will have to wait and see what this weather does. I may try the channel by the boathouse off 43. Everyone tread safe if you do go out.

6. crooked stripe

At least you got a meal. This is the first season for me to feel uneasy no matter where you tread. Just sitting there your mind can't seem to clear itself of the thought of falling in. It takes all the fun out of it. Hope you do well tomorrow. I wish I could be there myself but I have to feed the family. You know how that go's. John