close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Moggy...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CatfishWilly, Feb 14, 2009.

1. CatfishWilly

CatfishWilly Team Swamp Donkey

Anyone know if there's any open water out on mogadore yet? Thought I might hit it from shore if there was.

2. Some spots near the boathouse that I saw driving past yesterday. Maybe a few feet off of the shore as well.

3. I would imagine that there is not enough open water to fish yet.

4. The only open water is under the martin road bridge and under the 43 bridge. And there are not any fish there, I found out first hand myself fri. afternoon. Got about a foot or so of thin ice all the way around the shore. And the middle looks weak.

5. Drove over it today, def. no open water except where dcross said. Under the 43 bridge.

6. dynamite1298

dynamite1298 shore fisherman

take a rock and throw it next to shore its thin enought to make open water. lol as of the 15th there is no open water yet

7. castmaster00

castmaster00 very avid fisherman

rent a boat and take it out onto the ice. troll in the wake. lol:D

8. jay2k

jay2k Inch short

Just drove over 43. At 10 am there is very little open water. Just under the bridge is all. Gonna be awhile. 1 day warm up with a little rain and then pretty cold again for the rest of the week!

9. crg

crg multi-species angler

usually i can give a quick report on moggy if someone needs it (i live off spring valley blvd not more than 30 secs from martin rd bridge) but i have been in florida past 2 weeks and will be here another 2 and not looking foward to coming back to cold weather yet until the walleye start running up the maumee. but from living right next to the lake and fishing for more than 15 yrs give it till about halfway thru march till the water is open. and honestly hitting it from shore this early in the spring is almost a lost cause until the water starts warming up more

10. castmaster00

castmaster00 very avid fisherman

hey crg, y9ou ever pulled or seen any pike being pulled from moggy? my dad said that he saw a guy with a monster gator walking by the road. fish was so big that he had to sling it over his shoulder.

11. No monsters but last fall fishing for perch i caught a pike. Fished that lake for decades and that was the first for me. When i was young we would camp and down at the boat dock by the swimming hole. I used to see them swimming under thedock a lot.

12. crg

crg multi-species angler

i have never caught one, one did see about a 15 year old kid 2 years ago with one pushing 15lbs, first one i had ever seen down there. caught plenty of grass pickeral but you usually dont see the after may. there are still a few skis in there left over from the stockings the dnr did back in the late 70's early 80's. every 6 years or so someone pulls one out and they are absolute monsters. fishing the north dyke had something hit a white crank, hit so hard, severed my line instintly, never saw the fish but i always thought it was a pike or a ski because the every year i take a trip to new york, and we always lose 2-3 lures bass fishing when a pike hits and itsteeth cut the line instintly. and that day on moggy thats exactly what iit felt like