close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogashore ?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by metalzone, Oct 23, 2008.

1. metalzone

metalzone Shorebound Novice Angler

Thinking about hitting the Akron area this weekend.(live in Cleveland)

Are there any good shore fishing areas easily accessible on Mogadore lake ?

I've never been there. Can anyone give me directions from the interstate ?

I appreciate all input !

2. I haven't fished it, so I can't help you there, but as far as directions, if you are in east cleveland area, take 271 south to rt. 8 south. Take 8 south to 76 east. Get off at the Kent/Brimfield exit, Rt. 43 and turn right. Take that past Field High School and the reservoir will be there. There is a place with boats there and a fishing dock, but I know nothing of it, so maybe someone else can help. If yu are coming from west or central Cleveland, take 77 south to 76 east (just stay straight through Akron, 77 turns to 76, while 77 heads south.) After that, it's all the same.

3. dynamite1298

dynamite1298 shore fisherman

take 77 south to akron then take 76 east to exit # 33 st rt 43 turn right { south } go to the 2nd light should be old forge rd turn right go about 1/4 mile there is a dirt 1 lane rd on the left go in there it takes u back to the dam. when u get about 1/2 mile down the dirt rd there a parking area u can park there and walk any where back there u want to . but not on the dam. if u go back to st rt 43 and contiue south about 2 miles u will run into the boat house on your left i think they still have the fishing dock out. if u park out by the road look across the street there is a path that u can walk back by the shore, ask them at the boat house for direction to the east end of dyke rd. good luck

4. This time of year, dynamite's directions are perfect. In late spring, early summer, IMO the best shore fishing is on Congress Lake road. Before the weeds get heavy, there's a peninsula on the west side of congress road. I've caught a number of decent bass from there.

As of last Saturday, the dock was out, but as is the case with most public docks, it gets the most pressure from shore fishermen. If you don't have luck at Mogadore, you're not far from a good stretch of the Cuyahoga. If a skunking occurs at Mog, head north on 43 into Kent. There are several access points (small parks) to the river there. If you start under the main street bridge and walk the banks south, there are a lot of different spots (holes, current with backflow spots, fallen trees) you could cast into. I pulled a nice smallie out of there a week ago.

If you want more information, feel free to send me a PM. Hate to see you come down from Cleveland and get skunked.

I've always found Moggie to be difficult from shore in the late fall, but that was before I knew how effective working a worm slowly was for bass.

Good luck.

5. metalzone

metalzone Shorebound Novice Angler

Thanks for taking the time to be so helpful gentlemen

I sure do appreciate it !!!!

Best of luck to you this weekend !

6. dynamite1298

dynamite1298 shore fisherman

i havent been to walborn for about a month , the wife was in the hospital for a month before she had our 4th son 2 weeks ago . anyway if u want to go south on 43 to st rt 224 turn left go to st rt 44 turn right take 44 south to new baltamore to price st turn left and walborn state park is about 3 miles down the road i usually fish rite under the brige we were getting 40 to 45 panfish an hour the fish there love the nitro worms. theres some big cats in there to . they have bait there at the state park snack bar. its only about 15 min from the boat house at mogy.