close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogadore

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ARGEE, Apr 9, 2004.

1. My Buddy Caught 3 Bass Tonight At Mogadore..smallest Was 1.5lbs.///biggest Was 6.2lbs..the Other 1 Was About 2lbs. All On A Pig N Jig......

2. My buddy Gooch was there today also catching crappies.
    He had a 5 gallon bucket full of 10 +11 inch fish

3. I'm glad to see them turning on out there. FINALLY. Now I need to get my boat stake! LOL

4. Wow! 6.2 is a real hog. I caught some fish out there that I thought were nice ones but haven't caught one that big yet...maybe tomorrow;). Almost 10 lbs. of bass on only 3 fish. Not many lakes in Ohio can produce like that. I caught about 30 bass out there 2 Saturdays ago but if you added their weights together they probably won't have combined for 10 lbs:(

Steve

5. ..............five Yrs. Ago I Was With The Same Guy At Mogadore...he Caught An 8 Lb.bass That Day.....he Fishes There About 4-5 Days A Week..........

6. I got 9 this afternoon. Water is 52 at the surface and warming about 1 degree every day or so. On the water I heard reports of some big fish over the weekend. I think it is time!

7. I got around 20 little ones on Saturday. I think I got there about an hour late for the best bite. I found a few small fish scattered at different locations then
    found a school of 8-12 inch bass not far from where I found them 2 weeks ago. I tried different and larger baits but I just couldn't find the bigger fish. I did finally manage one fish over 15 inches that was tight to some shoreline cover. There is definetly a healthy population of young bass in there; if you find a school of feeding bass you can catch fish until you get bored reeling 'em in (and it takes a long time for me to get bored of that:) ). I'll keep trying out there and hopefully I'll start finding the bigger fish before too long.

Steve

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

wen't out sun. morning till 1. we caught 6. the biggest was about 16 in. I saw a few bigger feamles sunning though. this week will be hot for sure.
    Leeabu: was that you I saw drifting? if so did you do any good on the perch and crappie?

9. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Can't wait to get out again. I have been real busy with work and the holiday. I also am helping my buddy get his boat ready to tackle LaDue this year in the circuit. Hope to get out to Mogadore again this week. It IS supposed to warmer soon!!!

JohnBoy, I got 10 bucks I outweigh you and your partner at LaDue on the 24th! :D :D :D

10. I was out Sunday but in the afternoon bass fishing. I had 9 Sunday.

11. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

andro,thats all on you. I hope you beat me. I really not the type of person to run my mouth so i'll have to let you do the for me. post some pictures while your at it. I know you probably have a stack of ones over 6 lbs just laying around.

12. AndroDoug

Oh come on now JohnBoy..just foolin around. I guess some body woke up on the wrong side of the bed! And I wish I had a stack of six pound pics just layin around! The crappy thing is, I don't have ANY pics. All the fish I've ever caught, are still anonymous. I have only decided to bring a camera everytime I fish THIS year.

And as far as LaDue...I actually doubt I'll outweigh many people. I have still never fished it yet. This Sunday it is supposed to be 70 and I'll head up there to prefish it with my teammate. My goal for the 24th is to not get skunked. I want to bring in at least 1 of my OWN fish to the scales, in addition to what my buddy catches.

I am sure you will have culled over your limit 3 or 4 times by the time you get to the scales because of what you say you normally do! :rolleyes:

13. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Just keepin you honest ol' buddy! make sure you introduce yourself at the check in. When you gonna take me to your lakes? I'm still wait'n for the invite to congress or wingfoot.

14. AndroDoug

I'd like to, but it is gonna be tough. Congress is private and I only have access through a buddy and my private Wingfoot access is now gone. I had a friend with an aunt on the lake, she has since moved. I'll have to go through Copeland's, but they no longer have a ramp.

On top of it all, work is booming right now since the boss is advertising on TV, and we have to work mandatory 6 day weeks. I can get an occasional day off here and there, but I won't have much free time to fish this summer when I consider work and family. Oh well, I'll make the most of it!

And you never know, with all this money I am making, I just might buy a G3 Eagle 165 or 175 this fall!! :D :D

15. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

excuses excuses! whats with all the robbery's happening around you lately? I heard the mr. hero got popped a few days ago.

16. AndroDoug

Did it? I try to tune all that out. I don't like to hear about it. I think the police response times are slower in my area because we are in an extreme corner of the city. That's why they are targeting my area all of a sudden. They have hit the gas station next to my house 5 or 6 times in the past year. They don't bother houses, just the businesses. Bunch of crackheads that need money NOW to feed they're addictions. I'd like to see someone try to get in my house while I'm here. He'll get a mouth full of lead.

I'll see you on the 24th. What time should we all be down at the ramp?

17. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

we showed up an hour before and there were already many there. Are you talking about the clark station? I know they are a target and the arby's is too. kinda a shame, i know there are alot of kids that are probably hitting the places, but they are only pot heads, not crack heads.